Background template

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Where I've been spending my money lately

1. A replacement snack cup for Colby
I'm starting off with a really thrilling item, I know. But we have been using these for the twins for a couple of years and they are my favorite snack containers by far, so I would be remiss in not sharing them with you.

2. This top from Nordstrom

I have some leftover gift card money and when I saw this pop up on Sheaffer Told Me To (side note: her pictures/posts actually irritate me immensely, but I think she has good taste), I thought it would be perfect for our beach trip this summer, so I decided to go for it. I tried it on right away and wasn't actually crazy about it, so I need to try it on when I'm looking presentable (read: not at the end of a workday) and with the right pants to see if I'm going to keep it or not.

3. This Easter dress for Clara

It's true, I'm a sucker for smocked dresses! I will continue putting Clara in them until she stops me or it becomes inappropriate for her age... whichever comes later.

4. And my last and most FAVORITE item: these silhouettes of the twins! 

(Pardon the reflection of my phone)
I've been wanting to order these for a long time, and Brian's parents actually gave me an etsy gift card for Christmas so I could get them, but getting them to pose for pictures sounded like a lot of work, so I just kept putting it off. I finally got with the program a couple of weeks ago and I'm so glad that I did!

The picture-taking process was not easy because the twins were not interested in remaining completely still and it was hard to get them not to smile (per the instructions on the website), but we powered through.

I spy Clara's neck rolls!

Within a few days, the shop owner sent us the proofs and we had the prints in hand less than a week after placing the order. Her prices were also much more reasonable than a lot of the ones I saw out there, so I would highly recommend this shop if you're interested in getting these made.


What about you? Purchased anything exciting recently?

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

How ironic that it was hard to get the twins to NOT smile for their pic! ;) Also, I need to see that top!

Erika said...

Oooh I LOVE the silhouettes!!! Well worth the trouble! I hope that top works out- it looks super cute!! And the Easter dress is only left in a size 12months, so thanks for telling me all about what I can't have. Hahaha.

Brittany said...

The silhouettes are SO CUTE!!!

Brittnie said...

Love the silhouettes! She did a great job!

Emily said...

That is the only snack cup we use too. I've received some that don't have kids and I'm like: "uh, I don't need crumbs all over my purse thanks." Also, Clara's neck rolls--- a million heart eye emojis!!!!

Emily said...

So "don't have kids" = "don't have lids" What were we just emailing about? A bag of d.... :)

Natasha said...

I love that top. I really want to see what it looks like on! I think the eyelet is what makes it really appealing.

And I'm totally stealing this post as inspiration.