Background template

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Wrapping up 2016 and ringing in 2017

Victory #1 from 2017 has been accomplished: we all survived the return to reality yesterday relatively unscathed! Now we shall count down the days until Christmas "break" 2017.

Because I'm certain you've all been wondering, I'm going to fill in the post-Christmas details of our lives for you. We spent our time surrounding my parents' visit doing important things like...

... grocery-shopping in our jammies (good practice for when she's in college)...

... meeting friends for a park play date and visiting our other friends that moved out to "the country"...
Mom, where are all the squirrels, roaches, and other "wildlife" we normally see in the city??

... attending a super fun "Noon Year's Eve" party for the kids, complete with donuts, a milk and cookies toast...

... poppers (the firework variety)...

... and a balloon drop at noon!

... celebrating New Year's Eve with (surprise!) the Olivers, complete with setting up the bounce house inside...

.... popping poppers (the confetti variety) before dinner...

... letting all 4 kids have a slumber party together...

... and then foolishly staying up until midnight playing Guitar Hero and Cards Against Humanity like the party animals that we are...

... and making a semi-impromptu trip to the zoo, complete with snake-petting...

... animal-watching (duh), picture-posing...

... carousel-riding, and popsicle-consuming!

Some extended time off and more importantly, time together, was just what we needed and the perfect way to bid farewell to one year and say hello to another. And considering this time last year we were kicking off potty-training, I'd say this year is already off to an infinitely more enjoyable start.

Happy 2017, my friends- make it a great one!

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

Yes, sounds like 2017 is off to a much better start than 2016 was, so you're moving in the right direction!

Emily said...

Any year that doesn't start with potty training is a good year! I did laugh at the grocery in PJs; oh those good old college days. Although by the time our kids are in college, I bet they will just press a button for delivery. Pfft

Brittnie said...

Looks like a fun few days! The Noon Years Eve party idea is super cute!

Anonymous said...

With the help of a man called Dr.Addo I was able to get pregnant though his root and herbs. I'm 47years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Addo whose email address is ( addosolution@gmail.com ) he gave me Root and herbs and I was pregnant a week after i his help. I'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address: ( addosolution@gmail.com )

from CANADA