Background template

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Things you could find me googling in 2016

Well. I think we can all agree that 2016 was a doozy. In addition to the Big Problems going on with the election drama, all the famous people dying, oh, and let's not forget terrorism and worldwide human rights violations, 2016 proved to bring challenges for our little family as well.

None of it was anything major, really- just a culmination of transitions and challenges and general life happenings that I struggled to handle and accept in a sane manner, which humbled me and eventually sent me into counseling in the Fall (thank you, God, that there are people that choose to allow strangers to unload all of their baggage on them for a living!).

Through the frustrations, there were still plenty of happy moments and I'm thankful that by the grace of God, I will likely hold onto the good memories from the year longer than the bad ones. I figured that in this day in age, the best way to recap the year was to share a few of the phrases my Google search history from 2016 might contain:

- Tips for potty training boy/girl twins



- How long does the 3-day potty training method actually take?

- How long do children continue having accidents after being potty trained?

[Do you sense a theme here?]

- Tips for dealing with contractors on home remodeling

- How long do master bathroom remodels usually take?

- What's the difference between minispread, widespread, and centerset faucets?

- How to sustain your marriage during a remodel

- What do do when your contractor is taking a sweet eternity to finish a remodel



- Tips for transitioning room-sharing twins from cribs to beds


- How to stop twins from playing together after bedtime



- How to keep children from using potty training as a bedtime stall tactic

- How to discipline a threenager two threenagers

- Do children get easier at age 4?



- How to keep children at the dinner table once they're out of booster seats

- Can I duct tape my children to their chairs during mealtime?

- Why would an otherwise healthy adult catch Hand, Foot, & Mouth disease 3 times?

- When will the oil and gas industry pick up?

- PLEASE, GOD, HELP ME FIND A CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR IN THE SUGAR LAND AREA

- What to do when your child(ren) refuse(s) to participate in organized sports?


- What to expect with a tonsillectomy for a 3.5-year-old

2016: you put up a good fight, but you did not defeat us. 2017: bring it on... we're ready for you!

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

This is a clever idea for a year in review - kudos to you! But I'm too lazy to steal it now. Anyway, I agree that 2016 was not the best year for you, but I have high hopes that 2017 will be much better! (I accidentally typed 3017 at first - think you could hang on that long?)

Emily said...

This is an outstanding google search list. I very much feel your pain in so many of those searches. Good news is that im consistently told 4 is better than 3. Or at the very least, no one is warming me "just wait until they are 4" like they warned with 2 and 3. So my hopes are high for 4 which means they will likely be dashed and I'll be pissed lol. But thank God for counselors (and sometimes a side of meds) to guide us through this stage of life! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Brittnie said...

Haha I love this approach to a good end of year review. Here's to hoping potty training and remodel are no longer in your google search for 2017!

Also, did you find a counselor? And if so, can I ask who you see? I actually started going back to counseling this fall, too. Chance related grief coming back up plus lots of other fun dynamics that needed attention. :)

Brittany said...

This is hilarious! I still love your bathroom! It's so pretty! :)

Amanda said...

This is the best review I've seen. I hope Google led you to an understanding of the HFMD thing because everyone swore that "adults couldn't get it," but I proved them all wrong three days later. Blahhhh! I hope 2017 is a delightful year for you and your crew!

Anonymous said...

With the help of a man called Dr.Addo I was able to get pregnant though his root and herbs. I'm 47years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Addo whose email address is ( addosolution@gmail.com ) he gave me Root and herbs and I was pregnant a week after i his help. I'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address: ( addosolution@gmail.com )

from CANADA