Background template

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Baby, it's cold (and wet) outside

In other news that's considered redundant if you read Allison's blog, we've had some Christmas-y happenings going on, which helped make the recent 4-day stretch of cold and rainy days much more bearable! 

For the second year in a row, we headed out to Sugar Land Town Square to watch the Christmas tree lighting. We didn't bother fighting the crowds to participate in any of the actual activities, but instead opted to spend our pre-lighting time eating dinner at Chipotle. This turned out to be a wise decision, because Mexican food is always a win with our children, whereas lines and anything requiring patience are not.

Right after the tree lighting, a snow machine started blowing out fake snow and I love the twins' expressions while they're watching it (bottom pic)! One of these days we need to introduce them to the real thing.

I unfortunately have NO pictures to document the occasion, but Brian and I went to a Christmas party for my department at work on Friday night sans children. We had a great time chatting, eating, and playing Taboo, aka: one of my favorite games ever. I was a tad over-competitive about the game, but considering these people spend 40+hours/week with me on a regular basis, I don't think any of them were surprised about that.

Most of the rest of the weekend was spent holed up in our house due to the weather. I don't typically do well with being stuck at home for extended periods of time (maternity leave was a blast for me, as you might imagine), but we tried to make the most of it.

Top left: Attempting to capture Clara's pouting face (she cracked)
Top right: Watching "Frosty the Snowman" in their "tent"
Bottom left: Brought the bounce house inside, which was a hit with Colby but for some reason terrified Clara
Bottom right: Capturing one of Colby's current favorite expressions during a pre-church kolache outing

We had a white elephant gift exchange with (some of) our church small group on Sunday morning and put the newly gifted selfie stick to good use:

I would tell you that we're all actually very normal, but, well... we aren't.

We got really ambitious on Sunday afternoon and spent it baking/decorating gingerbread cookies, decorating gingerbread houses, and going to look at Christmas lights. Take that, terrible weather!


Clara did most of the decorating while Colby did most of the candy-eating, which was fairly predictable given their interests.

Not the quietest or most peaceful Christmas light outing, but hey, such is life right now.

Looking forward to some sunshine this week and more Christmasy activities this weekend! 'Tis the season!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

We need to try the bounce house inside again next time we're over!

Natasha said...

If you want to introduce the twins to real snow, you'll just have to come visit us in January or February sometime! Hahaha :)

Brittany said...

Love the bounce house inside! You are a fun mom!! :) Reid keeps asking why we don't live somewhere where the leaves change colors and it snows. I often wonder the same thing. :/

Emily said...

Real snow is magic. Take a road trip to see us in the middle of winter! I promise I won't make you shovel. :)

Emily said...

Oh and also, I lovvvveee Taboo but am ridiculously bad at it. As soon as I see that list of words I can't say, all other words are immediately wiped from my brain.

Brittnie said...

I love that y'all attend the SL tree lighting every year. Remind me next year because it is never on my radar!

We are hoping for a rain-free weekend, too!

Erika said...

I am amazed by how many things you do on the weekends!! I want to nap on your behalf, haha. And yes, real snow...I love how all of our holiday/winter themed books have snow playing so prominently into them and I'm like...yeah...that's about as relatable to Millie as flying reindeer are!!