None of it was anything major, really- just a culmination of transitions and challenges and general life happenings that I struggled to handle and accept in a sane manner, which humbled me and eventually sent me into counseling in the Fall (thank you, God, that there are people that choose to allow strangers to unload all of their baggage on them for a living!).
Through the frustrations, there were still plenty of happy moments and I'm thankful that by the grace of God, I will likely hold onto the good memories from the year longer than the bad ones. I figured that in this day in age, the best way to recap the year was to share a few of the phrases my Google search history from 2016 might contain:
- Tips for potty training boy/girl twins
- How long does the 3-day potty training method actually take?
- How long do children continue having accidents after being potty trained?
[Do you sense a theme here?]
- Tips for dealing with contractors on home remodeling
- How long do master bathroom remodels usually take?
- What's the difference between minispread, widespread, and centerset faucets?
- What do do when your contractor is taking a sweet eternity to finish a remodel
- Tips for transitioning room-sharing twins from cribs to beds
- How to stop twins from playing together after bedtime
- How to keep children from using potty training as a bedtime stall tactic
- How to discipline
- Do children get easier at age 4?
- Can I duct tape my children to their chairs during mealtime?
- Why would an otherwise healthy adult catch Hand, Foot, & Mouth disease 3 times?
- When will the oil and gas industry pick up?
- PLEASE, GOD, HELP ME FIND A CHRISTIAN COUNSELOR IN THE SUGAR LAND AREA
- What to do when your child(ren) refuse(s) to participate in organized sports?
- What to expect with a tonsillectomy for a 3.5-year-old
2016: you put up a good fight, but you did not defeat us. 2017: bring it on... we're ready for you!