Background template

Friday, July 22, 2016

Confessions

It's been a while since I confessed my transgressions to the internet, so it's time I remedy that:

Confession: when it started raining the other evening, we let the twins run around in it in the front yard... without any clothes on. Perhaps equally shameful is that while they did it, I joined them- not in the nude, thankfully, but rather, wearing my sorority anorak from 2001.



Confession: I still own (and apparently occasionally wear) my sorority anorak from 2001.

Confession: For some reason, I still semi-regularly get the theme song to "Fraggle Rock" stuck in my head.


Confession: Up until the recent Brexit, I thought the "United Kingdom" was basically synonymous with England... as in, I didn't realize the UK was made up of several different countries. Really living up to that INTERNATIONAL STUDIES DEGREE I earned in college.

Confession: Remember those two kid-free nights Brian and I had last week? I spent an embarrassing chunk of that time deep cleaning my hairbrushes.

Confession: It saddens me that the following is now part of my google search history:


It saddens me further that I am earnestly trying to memorize the lyrics. BUT, in my defense, I'm only doing so in order to comply with Clara's regular requests for us to sing this at bedtime.


Anything you care to confess today??



9 comments:

the blogivers said...

Since when did you become the regular blogger and I became the blog slacker?

I confess that I have been a blog slacker. I confess that I am going to my second night "out" in a row tonight and I don't feel guilty about it.

Brittnie said...

Love these!

Confession: Camille had swim lessons all this week and has only had one bath so far. Oops.

Brittany Gaspard said...

I feel like dancing in the rain is something you wouldn't normally do, but kudos to you for being an awesome Mom! C & C will probably always remember that! :)

Emily said...

I don't think letting naked children run in the rain is something to confess; to me its one of those things you should be shouting from the rooftop like: "LOOK AT MY AMAZING PARENTING SKILLS BY LETTING MY KIDS BE KIDS!" Or maybe I just follow too many hippie bloggers. :P

Brandi said...

Confession: I didn't know the United Kingdom/England thing until this moment. Josh will tell you that geography is NOT a strength for me.

Brittany said...

I'm intrigued by this hair brush deep cleaning you speak of. All I ever do is pull out globs of hair. Should I be doing something else?! (globs of hair is such a gross phrase…ew) :)

Erika said...

I'm like a month late in commenting, but that's only because I've been so busy worrying about all the hairbrush deep-cleaning I've never done...it's all I can think about. Okay, not really...but seriously. Never even considered imagining such a thing. :) (Does it help that I only use a hairbrush maybe once a week?? So it's probably not that gross, right?)

Natasha said...

I confess that I still own, and regularly wear (although I don't know if out in public), a shirt I bought in Germany at the end of Grade 11. If that shirt were a person it would have graduated college and be out on it's own. It might even be giving me grandkids. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's scary . . . what college gave you that degree???