Background template

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Allison and I kicked off Mother's Day weekend by waking up bright and early on Saturday morning to run the Sprint for Life 5k in town. I sort of accidentally conned us into running at a considerably faster pace for each mile, so we were proud of our finishing time but also pretty exhausted for the rest of the day.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Thankfully the rest of our plans for the day consisted of going to the park, lounging around the house, and washing the car (read: Brian washed the car while I sat around doling out bubbles and water guns), so I didn't have to expel too much more energy. 






I was greeted on Mother's Day morning with breakfast prepared by Chef Brian, presents from these little munchkins, and this gem of an "All About Mom" survey:


For the second year in a row, I naively attempted a photo shoot with the twins before church (including an outfit change for myself due to wardrobe malfunctions). And for the second year in a row, the twins weren't cooperative and I let it put me in a foul mood.

Correction: one twin was cooperative and one (not pictured) was not!

After church, Allison and I high-tailed it out of there and left the daddies to fend for themselves with the kids while we spent the better part of the day having lunch and shopping. It was a delightful and much-needed break, I must say.


Once I came home, we attempted a second photo shoot (wherein Colby was still not fully cooperative) before heading to Brian's parents' house for dinner.

He refused to participate without getting to sit on that pillow and also refused to keep his eyes open while smiling, but at least he looks happy!


So maybe they really do love me?

Brian's saint of a mom graciously prepared the entire dinner for us and I didn't have to lift a finger! Well that's not true, I did have to lift my finger several times to dip my chips into the guacamole and queso, but I was ok with that ;) 

Fishing with Granddaddy and Daddy

Before we left, Brian's sister attempted round 3 of picture-taking (my family loves me):

And I think you'll all agree that this one's a framer.

And with that, Mother's Day 2016 was complete. The day was not perfect (though it was close!), because real life with small children is anything but... BUT, as I reflected back on Mother's Day 2012 (the one before we became pregnant with the twins) and all of the pain and sadness that came with it, I couldn't help but be reminded once again at how wonderfully God has redeemed our situation and how very thankful we are for that. 

5 comments:

the blogivers said...

Thanks for not mentioning how miserable I was during the run! Although I think I did well, considering you tricked me into running it faster than I ever have before. Glad your MD had more happy moments than annoying ones!

Brittnie said...

I love that second to last family picture! Really cute! Sounds like a great weekend to me. I am super impressed that your fav food is cookies and you only weight 2 pounds! :)

Brittany said...

Glad you had such a great weekend!

Emily said...

Let's talk about this "gets presents" job. Can this job be done from home? What are the job qualifications? How about hours required? Do you get paid per present received or is it more of a salary style?

I feel like I would be the perfect candidate for this job.

stevenjared0853 said...

Mother’s day is a really special day. We should celebrate this day and make our mother’s happy. On this mother’s day my sister planned a surprise outdoor party and booked venues in Los Angeles. My mother was really happy and felt proud.