Background template

Friday, April 22, 2016

Scenes from the past week

There has been a lot going on with us in the past week, not the least of which was the crazy weather that hit the Houston area a few days ago. Thankfully, other than throwing off our routine, the weather did not otherwise impact us. Let's take a look back, shall we?

Last Friday, I headed to La Grange with a few co-workers to volunteer for my company's MS150 team. Brian graciously held down the fort with the twins at home while I kept busy setting up/cleaning up for the event.


On Saturday, it was more of the same but the highlight was getting to play the part of our talk show host for the evening's entertainment:

Ladies and gents, allow me to introduce you to my alter-ego, Manny.

On Sunday, I was running on fumes from a tiring weekend and minimal sleep, so basically I was a zombie... or should I say mombie? I spent the day in and out of consciousness and went to bed at 8:30 pm, but not after tucking in my favorite little superheroes.


On Monday, the skies opened up and resulted in historic flooding which I'm sure everyone has heard about at this point. Our offices were closed and so was the daycare, so we were hunkered down at home and did our best to combat cabin fever with the Olivers.


On Tuesday, our offices were open but daycare was still closed, so after some frantic early morning schedule shuffling, we shuttled the twins over to Mimi and Granddaddy's house (lifesavers!) to hang out until we were off work.

As usual, they received no attention and had no fun ;)

On Wednesday, we finally had a normal day. Apparently all of the early week's chaos had caught up to us, however, because by the end of the day, it was clear that Colby and I were both a little under the weather. The only scene to share from you that day is this one:

That would be the twins' underwear that I accidentally brought into work with me. #workingmomprobs

On Thursday, this mom called in sick to work, but as everyone knows, there's no such thing as a true day off for moms, so I spent the morning helping drop the kids off at daycare and then taking Colby to the pediatrician in the pouring rain. Thankfully he was well enough to go to school so I was able to spend the rest of the day coughing and being worthless on the couch recovering. 

Trying unsuccessfully to wait out the downpour

Which brings us to today! We have another full weekend ahead, but hopefully we'll have plenty of time to rest so that we'll be back in our normal groove next week. Happy weekend, my friends!

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm glad I don't know Manny very well, because he is terribly unattractive. I hope your normal ego, Amanda, is feeling much better today!!

Brittany Gaspard said...

I'm still not caught up on sleep! Thanks for hanging with me in La Grange!

Erika said...

Oh man, that's a lot!! I hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon!

Brittnie said...

Love your alter ego! Glad your in-laws were able to help with the twins. I know I am a bit father away but I am always happy to come help if you ever need backup!

Emily said...

I was thinking of you while watching the flooding news! Good to know you guys stayed safe and dry.
Also, LOVE the twinsies superhero capes. Where are they from? I really need to get one for Aaron.

Natasha said...

Oh this sounds like a rough week. Hopefully it is far behind you at this point, everyone is back to normal, and the weather has shaped up. We're having a really cold day here today so I'm huddled under a blanket with a cup of tea and catching up on blogging. Brrrrr...