Background template

Monday, March 7, 2016

Switching things up a bit

One significant incident that did not occur this weekend: the completion of the bathroom remodel. Thankfully it is 90% complete so we were at least able to move back in and start using it again. The main thing we are waiting on at this point is the installation of the sliding barn doors, but it will be another 2+ weeks until they're in- boo.

But let's focus on the positive: we had a very full weekend and I was able to cross a couple of items off my 25 before 33 list! (And on that note, I have been referring to it as the "25 before 32" list since last July, which was approximately 2 months after I had already turned 32. Apparently it really is possible to forget your own age. Thanks for catching the error, sis!)

On Friday night, Allison and I took Davis and Colby out to dinner while Brian and Wade did the same with Clara and Avery. When you have multiple kids, spending quality one-on-one time with each of them is a challenge, but I think this is especially true when you have twins, so I was really excited for this!

We had a fancy dinner at Skeeter's followed by dessert at Whole Foods. He was more interested in playing than bonding with me, but did tell me the next day that he "had fun hanging out with me," so the effort was not in vain!

Meanwhile, Brian and Clara dined at Chipotle and followed it up with dessert at Zoe's Kitchen. As you can see in the top left pic, it didn't exactly start off on a great note as Clara wasn't thrilled with the idea of Mommy leaving, but eventually she regained her faculties and a good time was had by all. I'm certain that having a cookie the size of her head didn't hurt!

On Saturday morning, we swapped!
Brian and Colby stuffed their faces with breakfast at The Grove and then went to get haircuts. This was a monumental day for Colby because for the first time in his almost 3 years of life, he didn't shed a single tear during his haircut- I'm so proud of my little big boy!

Meanwhile, Allison and I took the little ladies to have breakfast at Panera (again, please note Clara's carb-loading), shop around Target, and then back home to get their nails painted. Can you tell how pleased Clara was with her nails?

Because we hadn't had enough fun already, we spent the afternoon skipping naps and attending two different birthday parties, complete with outdoor fun, party favors, and, of course, plenty of cake and candy.
Refer to the bottom left picture to see which twin still can't function very well without napping.

After many glorious hours of sleep on Saturday night, we were back at it on Sunday with a morning full of church and then cleaning the new bathroom while the twinkies napped. We ended the weekend with Brian and his dad taking Colby and Clara to the "Man/Kid Bonfire" that our church hosted yesterday evening (translation: 2 free hours for me- hallelujah).
The kids were so excited to tell me that they ate "food (apparently not significant enough to name) and s'mores" and I dumped half a pound of sand out of their shoes, so I'm pretty sure they had a good time. They also did interviews about themselves and about Brian - their answers were pretty amusing if you're able to zoom in and read them.

We've got no big plans for the week ahead, so hopefully I'll spare you any additional photo-overloaded recaps for a bit ;)

6 comments:

the blogivers said...

You are so welcome for the help in crossing those items off! Happy to be of service.

Brittany Gaspard said...

Love the one on one date idea!

Emily said...

I can't see the questionnaire; if I zoom in it gets all fuzzy. I can see that Colby said Daddy's best friend was Jesus which is pretty darn cute!

Brittany said...

I love this idea!! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Brittnie said...

This is such a fun idea! Stealing. . .

Natasha said...

I never remember my age either. I always have to do that math. "Is it an odd or an even year? Has May happened already? Okay, that's how old I am."