Background template

Monday, March 21, 2016

Back-ish

I'm not sure what my deal is, but I have (clearly) started to lose interest in blogging. I won't blame it on the fact that life is pretty uneventful lately, because we all know that not having anything exciting to talk about has never stopped me from talking. I do know that the "pressure" to blog, though completely self-imposed, was wearing on me and I felt like it was taking up time that I'd sometimes otherwise want to use to spend time with people, be productive, or more often than not, just do NOTHING.

Anyway, I don't plan on officially shutting things down, but I do think it's safe to assume you won't be hearing from me as often, at least for the foreseeable future. I'll still be sure to report back with updates on the twins (hello fast-approaching 3rd birthday!), intermittent weekend recaps, and maybe, just maybe, an update on the master bathroom remodel. Rumor has it that they will be installing the barn doors this week, thus completing the project, but rumor also originally had it that they would be wrapping up in mid-February, so take that with a grain of (clearly a little bitter) salt.

So, weekend recap time. We are knee-deep in what can only be referred to as birthday party season. In our families alone, there are 12 birthdays that occur between the end of March and end of May. And somehow we seem to have befriended a lot of people with children that also celebrate Spring birthdays. So basically when weekends roll around these days, the twins are guaranteed to ask us, "Whose birthday party are we going to?" 

This is great because it means a lot of socializing and eating, which is right up my alley. This is mildly concerning, however, in that it further secures my fate of ending up with diabetes. Such is life.

Anyway, we celebrated two birthdays this weekend, only one of which was well-documented:

In case you're wondering, yes, they got sand everywhere. And yes, Clara licked all of the frosting off that cupcake and then she declared she was finished.

We also had a first at our house on Saturday evening with a family movie night! We busted out the twins' sleeping bags, turned on "The Lion King," and of course, popped a bowl of popcorn. I'd say the whole thing was a big hit, minus the part where Mufasa died and Colby turned to us, concerned, and said, "What happened to his daddy??"


And since we seem to be going in reverse order, let's talk about Friday night. We went out to dinner with some friends sans-children and of course I had to get pictures with both of my other halves:


The evening was going quite well until we left the restaurant and I suddenly developed an overwhelming desire to vomit. Because I have a stomach of steel, I did not end up tossing my cookies, but I did take a long bath and fall asleep watching "Dateline" at home while Brian resumed the evening with the others. Thankfully I woke up feeling better on Saturday, but let this be a warning to you all that massive amounts of Mexican food (and a margarita) are not necessarily the best combination when dealing with sinus drainage. You're welcome.

Looking forward to a short work week and a long Easter weekend with the twinkies (where we celebrate, yes, the resurrection of Jesus, and also another family birthday!)

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

But how will I know what's going on in your life without regular updates?!

Brittany said...

You aren't allowed to quit blogging! Ever! Glad you are feeling better! :)

Allena said...

Don't blame you for needing a break but please update us periodically! And I DEMAND a bathroom remodel update AND birthday update on the twins! I've been reading since before you got pregnant with them and they're just 3 months younger than my little girl - 3 has come on way too quickly!

Emily said...

Boo on taking a break, but obviously understandable because sometimes real life actually takes precedence(what???).

Also, Mufasa was "sleeping." Mufasa will always be sleeping. Because then he comes in the cloud coverage later so OBVIOUSLY he can't be dead right? Logic.

Brittnie said...

I also demand a bathroom remodel update, but I guess I can always just invite myself over to see it in person. :) I have been so hit or miss with blogging as well, just been busy with other things so it has kind of taken a backseat. I'm kind of where you are - not shutting it down but eliminating any self imposed pressure to post when I'm not feeling it.

Glad you didn't toss your cookies!! Do I need to monitor your marg intake next Thurs?? :)

We had 7 bday celebrations in March alone. Tis the season!! Insert crazy face emoji.

Erika said...

I'm with you on the blogging less frequently train. Except I wish you weren't on it, cause I like when you blog. :) Anyway...we still have yet to attend a party for any of Millie's "friends" (not for lack of being invited...just for lack of caring enough to give up any of my free time, hahahaha), but I'm thinking we might give in one of these days. Free food is pretty compelling. And I can't wait to see your bathroom remodel! I'm glad it's gone as smoothly and quickly as you dreamed!!! Hahaha.

Courtney Squillante said...

Agh- I am glad I'm not the only one falling off the blogging train! I love it because I love looking back, but man, I can think of a jillion other things I need/want to do (including sitting on the couch staring into space). Ha!

Natasha said...

Obviously I am not one to point fingers as I'm so far off the blogging train that I'm barely keeping up with blog posting, let alone blog reading. However, I'm glad to see that you're not completely saying good-bye yet. After all there will always be another birthday party to write about!