Background template

Friday, February 5, 2016

Scenes from our week

A few scenes from our crazy week...

Bathroom remodel
We've been looking at a whole lot of this. One fundamental difference between Brian and myself was illustrated this week during a conversation on our way home from work:
Me: Did you find out what they worked on in the bathroom today? I hope they got the bath tub in and are able to start on the tile soon.
Brian: No, I didn't ask. I prefer to be surprised every day when we come home... it's kind of like Christmas morning!


The twins' artwork 
We've noticed that Clara has a very distinctive style of coloring (she usually sticks to one color and presses down really hard on the paper). We saw these up on the wall at daycare one morning this week and couldn't help but laugh at how easy it was to spot hers! (Colby's is right above hers for a comparison.) 

Did I mention we were remodeling our bathroom?
After much obsessing, we picked out our granite (on the left) and our floor tile (on the right). Not pictured: white subway tile for the shower/tub.


As always, Colby and Clara
Everyone else's kids are rocking their Christmas jammies while ours just can't seem to let go of Halloween... 

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Gosh, I didn't know you were remodeling your bathroom - how exciting!

Brittnie said...

LOVE your granite and tile color choice!! You will love it once done!

Also, surprise. . . we sold our house! Nope, it wasn't on the market. A couple we know from church made an offer upon hearing that we might list sometime soon . . . we countered and they accepted. CAN I SAY THIS IS A MIRACLE??? The miracle being no listing and no showings and keeping the house clean with small humans that specialize in making messes???!!! So I guess we need to house hunt now. Ha!

Erika said...

That granite and tile-- SWOONING!! Perfect choices!! And also, I think Clara's art looks best out of the whole class, so she's clearly doing something right. And ALSO-- dang, Brittnie's story above?! That is awesome!!!! I want that to happen to us!!

Allena said...

Love the bathroom selections! Can't wait to see it when it's done. :) And Clara's art made me laugh!!

Emily said...

wow, that is some INTENSE coloring by Clara! And she was so dedicated to filling it all in! Major major points for completion.

Brittany said...

I love what you chose! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Natasha said...

Clara's colouring is neater than mine is. Wow! Impressive. And I can't wait to catch up and read about your bathroom reveal. It looks good thus far!