- In two nights, I logged 18 hours of sleep.
- We ate out for more meals than I care to admit to, and at no point did I have to remind anyone to sit on his/her bottom, nor did we have to worry about the speed of service, availability of crayons/colorable kids' menus, or the proximity of our table to the restrooms in the event of potty emergencies.
Yes, this meal from La Duni tasted as delicious as it looks
- I ate a lot of salads. I realize I can do this any time, but generally when we go out with the kids, we try to get a few meals to split amongst ourselves, and typically salad does not meet the criteria.
- We also ate a lot of Mexican food... you know, to balance out any potential health benefits from the point mentioned above.
- We got to meet our cousin's 1.5-week-old baby and spend some time visiting with our grandmother.
- We randomly ran into my best friend from 1st grade at Starbucks, whom I don't think I have seen in at least 20+ years! (And in case you're wondering, I'm such a stalker that when I saw her and thought I recognized her, I shoved Allison closer to the checkout counter so that she could overhear the name the girl provided to the barista, which, of course, confirmed my suspicion!)
- We spent a lot of time shopping, and a lot of time in general at the mecca of a mall we grew up hanging out in. And again, we didn't have to coordinate our activities around nap time or worry about hurrying home to relieve the husbands from parenting duties.
It was a great little getaway and of course, it was only made possible by my saint of a husband that was willing to wrangle the twins by himself all weekend. He even complied with my constant requests for FaceTiming and pictures without complaints: