Background template

Monday, February 29, 2016

Excuses and such

For the 2-3 of you that have been wondering why I mysteriously haven't blogged in the past 2 weeks, wonder no longer. The good news is that I'm back in action; the bad news is that there is not an interesting explanation for my absence. But rather, my brief hiatus can be blamed on two things, which any of you that have spoken to me in the past month or so can easily guess:

1. The remodel. Yes, it is still going on. Yes, I am still complaining about it. Today is the beginning of week 5 of our "2-3 week project," so that's special. There have been more delays than I have cared for and less communication than I have cared for, but nonetheless, we are satisfied with the progress that has been made and are hopeful that the end product will be worth the hassle, inconvenience, messiness, and money. A couple of sneak peaks for you:

The bath tub/shower + new window

The tile (yes, tile) - it looks like distressed wood but is not, in fact, wood! 

2. Potty-training. Apparently, this is the developmental milestone that never ends. Tomorrow marks 2 months of our adventures in potty training and all I can say is that the inventor of the 3 Day Potty Training Method is either a much more effective mother than I am or a bit of a liar. While I still think it was a great way to kick off training, I think it is a highly misleading title because it clearly takes much longer than 3 days.

Remember when I declared Colby the winner? Well shame on me for putting anything like that in writing, because unfortunately he has slipped into second place. He is still doing well for the most part, but accidents continue to be an almost daily occurrence.


If you factor in excuse #1 and excuse #2, then you might understand why I have been a tiny bit preoccupied ever since 2016 began. I'm looking forward to the end of the remodel and hopefully continued improvement on the potty training front so that both will cease to be the only things I can think/talk about.

Other than that, we've been trucking along with the usual activities...

playing at the park and trying out new hairstyles...

feeding each other french fries...

refusing to cooperate for posed photographs...

and then turning around a few minutes later and smiling happily for the teacher at daycare, of course!

We have been taking full advantage of all of the wonderful weather we've been experiencing as of late, most recently by having dinner with friends on the patio at Live Oak Grill...

and taking our 2nd annual outing to the Sugar Land Kite Festival!

I was even able to check an item off my 25 before 32 list by eating lunch from a food truck (The Waffle Bus)!

I have grand plans to do at least one other post this week, and then hopefully when you hear from me next week, it will be with the great reveal of the completed bathroom remodel!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Welcome back! I was totes wondering where you've been and what you've been up to.

Brittnie said...

Yes, welcome back! Not like I have been a blogging machine or anything, lol. LOVE the bathroom so far. . . cannot wait to see it finished!!

Emily said...

Potty training recession is a b*tch. It's like: "WE GOT THIS" followed by "NEVERMIND, WE DON'T!" And even after tackling this hurdle, you can expect another recession or two to emerge. It's frustrating. But good news is that they won't wear diapers to college! ;)

Brittany said...

I'm glad you're back! I LOVE the floors in your bathroom! Can't wait to see the completed project! So exciting!

Courtney Squillante said...

Yay! And those floors (love!!!!) and potty training (boo!)!

Erika said...

I am loooooving those floors in the bathroom!! But how obnoxious that the remodel is taking so much longer than estimated. I would be super annoyed, too. BUT- a kite festival?! So fun!!

Natasha said...

So after having lived with it for awhile was the re-model worth it? I hope the answer to that questions is a resounding "YES!!!"

And I'm sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom but we technically started toilet training Sam in June of 2012 and we are just now (four years later) getting everything finished -- Rachel has been dry at night (in underwear) for over two weeks, so I think (and hope and pray) that this process is almost over FOREVER! Whooo hooo!!! (Please don't hate me.)