Background template

Monday, February 8, 2016

All's well that ends well (and involves food)

I'm going to be honest: I was not in a good place at the onset of this past weekend. When I left work Friday and arrived home to find that NO progress had been made on the bathroom remodel since Tuesday afternoon*, I more than lost my marbles. There were many tears and lots of irrational phone calls/text messages to Brian. There was also a breakdown on the phone with my dad, at which point I declared that I was simply not emotionally or mentally capable of handling a project like this.

(*I did find out that there was a semi-legitimate reason for the delay, but even if the reason had been that the contractors were tied up curing cancer, I'm not sure I would have coped any better.) 

Thankfully, Mexican food exists. And when your weekend starts off with quesadillas, nachos, and margaritas, you really can't be too upset, can you?

It was all uphill from there and we spent a lovely Saturday not doing much of anything except hanging out with the Olivers (and escaping our construction zone of a house in the process). There was playing...


... there was an attempt at watching a movie and there were tattoos...


... and there was even an impromptu trip to Dairy Queen. Much like a weekend involving Mexican food, I feel strongly that you really can't complain if your weekend includes a trip to DQ.

Yes, our table number was 69. Go ahead and giggle.

During the twins' nap on Saturday, I thought to myself, "I have a great idea! I'll go ahead and do our taxes!" I couldn't help but laugh when moments later, I looked out the window to see that Brian apparently had simultaneously thought to himself, "I have a great idea! I'll go ahead and get out my hammock!" That pretty well illustrates the difference between us, in case you were wondering.

As you can see, Brian wasn't the only one that enjoyed this novelty.

After church and naps on Sunday, we joined the rest of the USA in overeating and watching the Super Bowl with our small group from church. In total, there were 20 adults + 20 children (all aged 6 and under) and miraculously, no one was injured and no property was (irreversibly) damaged.



So with a fulfilling weekend behind us, let's hope the week continues in the same direction and that we make some real progress on the remodel so you can all stop listening to me whine about my major first world problem ;)

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Thanx for helping make our weekend so great! And I have faith that this week will be much more productive in the bathroom remodel department!

Allena said...

I can't wait to see the remodel! And I agree that yummy food can make almost all problems seem small. Of course I'm on day 16 of Whole 30 so I might be slightly {irrationally} angry when I see posts involving yummy food!

Erika said...

I don't blame you for being stressed out about the remodel. I would also probably have a tough time with that!! BUT- let's focus on the positive...like the way that in the DQ picture, you and Clara's shirts create an optical illusion, and I thought that you had your arm wrapped around Clara and then you had a VERY TINY HAND at the end of your (really skinny) arm...and it was really disconcerting. Then I realized it's Clara's own arm. ;)

Emily said...

LOL. Hammock vs taxes. So with you there!

Brittnie said...

Hoping this week is a continuation of great weekend you all had! Love that y'all have a hammock!

Brittany said...

I just love seeing all of the Joiner/Oliver fun you have!

Natasha said...

I wish we had a hammock so I could avoid doing our taxes. And since we will likely get money back you'd think I'd be even more motivated to do them. Sadly, that is not the case. Boo.