Background template

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The good times are over

In non-potty training news, I would be remiss not to share all of the exciting moments that made up my "Christmas break" (basically the time between celebrating Christmas and commencing potty training).

Here are a few things I did not do with any amount of frequency during the break:
- shower
- put on makeup
- work out
- wear "real" clothes
- maintain a healthy diet

Here are a few things I did do during the break:
- color in my new coloring books


- get my haircut (much shorter than I planned, but probably a wise move since it hadn't been cut since last MARCH)


- binge watch "Making a Murderer"


- lounge around with these sweet little muffins:



- sleep... so much GLORIOUS sleep!


- take a quick day trip on NYE to visit and play with our friends from college that live at a summer camp (for real)

Top (blurry) pic: Brian, Drew, and Wade were roomies in college
Bottom pic: Them with their sons today!

Triplets?


So yeah, it was pretty great, and I was definitely sad to see it come to an end. But if I must find the silver lining, it's that I do indeed love getting back into a routine, so with that, I will only somewhat lamentably get back into my groove of waking up at 5:14 am, working out, showering, putting on pants with a button, and spending my days at work. 

6 comments:

Natasha said...

This is the first time ever I've been excited to get back to routine post-Christmas break. I blame it on working and trying to juggle childcare and work when the childcare (aka school) isn't easily accessible. I have so much respect, and am even more impressed, that you continue to work full-time with toddler twins.

Also, boo to pants with buttons -- they've not been my friends lately!

the blogivers said...

HA to the Making a Murderer meme! And now we should start a countdown to the next Christmas break...

Emily said...

What kind of coloring book is that? And do you actually use crayons or like colored pencils? I have been toying with the idea of getting myself into that...

Brittany said...

I love your short hair and I love all of the things Colby has in his bed! So cute! Also, Chris has been watching the Making a Murderer show and I don't understand the hype!

Erika said...

I love the new haircut!! And we just started watching Making a Murderer last night-- CUUUUHRAZY!!! We've only watched 2 episodes so far, but I am excited and scared to see what happens. Also, I'll be making a concerted effort to NEVER go to Wisconsin.

Allena said...

Is that what your FitBit tells you every day about your sleep? I have been thinking about getting one, and that is FASCINATING!