Background template

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

How I envision my life to be (Week 27)

Try not to be blown away by how much of a visionary I am, but if I had to pick one word to respond to this topic, it would be "ordinary." I don't dream about the future often, because let's be honest, I'm more of a practical "here and now" kind of girl. But when I do allow my mind to wander beyond what we're going to eat for dinner next week, the life I picture doesn't look much different than it does now (except we're all older and hopefully watching fewer PBS Kids shows).

I don't dream of being exorbitantly wealthy (though I guess I'd be ok with it ;) or famous. I don't imagine traveling the world or even having some hot shot career. I hope we have the means to go on some memorable vacations and ideally I'd like us to be surrounded by our extended families as much as possible. I hope that we all stay involved in extracurricular activities but not so busy that we don't spend any quality time together. I hope we're generous with our time and with our resources. I hope we still have many of the same friends we do now and that we've been able to watch our families grow up together.

Basically, I hope our life is simple in the most wonderful way possible. And because nothing captures simplicity more than country music, I've included two cheesy country videos that put my thoughts into song:

"This Everyday Love" - Rascal Flatts
Nothing about it too peculiar
Oh, but I can't get enough
Of this everyday love

"Just Another Day in Paradise" - Phil Vassar
It's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise

And just for funsies, I more literally envisioned what my life would be like by using the AgingBooth app to see what the 4 of us will look like when we're old:


5 comments:

Nelson Bartley said...

You will be looking more like Aunt Jill!

Brittany Gaspard said...

I love that Phil Vasser song! You kind of look like the girl in the video actually, mostly because she wears crop tops like you do on the weekends obvs. ;)

Erika said...

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA at elderly C+C!!!! Oh wow. Anyway, I would like to reiterate how extremely twinsie we are because this is exactly how I feel. If you were to ask me what my "five year plan" is...it's like...um, to have a six-year-old Millie. And if I'm really dreaming big...someone to clean my house once a week. #goals

Natasha said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Clara and Colby will look fairly hilarious when they're older if this thing is at all accurate!!!

As you may have seen on Emily's blog I was waiting to see what the two of you did with this. I am pretty much the same as you -- I'm fairly happy with my life and I don't have a lot of big dreams left -- except to maybe do a bit more traveling and live in a house with two toilets. I have big dreams!

Brittnie said...

I am the same way. . . no huge visions, just hope for more of the good stuff that we experience now.

Love the aging C&C pics!!