Background template

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Most memorable vacation (Week 23)

I hate to be cliche, but this one was too easy: our honeymoon!

Way back in August 2007, Brian and I got hitched and then spent 5 wonderful days in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We stayed at an all-inclusive beach resort called El Dorado Royale. It's a pretty popular destination wedding/honeymoon spot, so I will be surprised if I don't get at least one comment on this blog post saying, "Hey, we stayed there, too!"

We only left the resort one time, and if we could do it over again, we wouldn't have left at all because the "adventure" outing was not worth our while and almost resulted in our only squabble on an otherwise conflict-free trip! Ah, newlyweds.

Anyway, there was a lot of time spent lounging on the beach:


...eating (so much so that on the last night, I refused to eat dinner because I simply could not consume any more food):

...encountering wild life:

... snorkeling:

... posing with towel animals:

... taking selfies before the term "selfie" actually existed:

... and occasionally asking strangers to take non-selfie pictures of us:

We would love to go back again some day and will gladly accept any donations to the Send the Joiners Back on their Honeymoon campaign ;)

4 comments:

Emily said...

We did a similar one for our vacation - an all-inclusive resort in St Lucia except we actually NEVER left the resort premise even once. It was just as you described, eating too much, lots of wildlife, etc etc. Ahhh, to go back!

the blogivers said...

Your honeymoon destination > my honeymoon destination. I sure hope our do-over in Hawaii next year is as much of a success as yours was!

Brittnie said...

FUN! Except for that pic of the wild lizard or whatever it is. . . just no. :)

Natasha said...

This looks way more relaxing than our honeymoon was. If I had to do it over again, I'd choose something like this. (We went to Europe for two weeks and hit three different places -- not the break I needed after our wedding.) Also, I love towel animals!