- A couple of weeks ago, we passed this billboard while driving one afternoon:
In an effort to pump the twins up for Thanksgiving, I pointed to the turkey and excitedly asked, "Do you know what that is?" Colby paused to think and then exclaimed, "A snail!" Mmm, nothing completes a delicious Thanksgiving brunch quite like a giant snail.
- Am I the only one that thinks there should be episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood geared towards the parents instead of the children? Like maybe an episode about how WE are supposed to keep our cool when our children lose their minds in public (or private, for that matter)? Or maybe one about how WE are supposed to deal with potty training?
(Related side note: I am majorly stressing out about potty training these days. I know we need to do it sooner rather than later but I simply do not want to. It sounds like a lot of work, a lot of messiness, and a lot of frustration for all parties involved, so I'd really prefer to just not do it... ever. Is that so wrong? I'm channeling my anxiety by doing "productive" things like buying the twins underwear and potty books for Christmas.)
- Want to know the only thing that will make your children love you more than taking them out for donuts or kolaches for breakfast? Take them out for both.
And if you really want to ensure that they won't even bother to eat lunch that day, take them to Target shortly afterwards for a free cookie sample.
- A lesson learned yesterday: sometimes it's better to let your children miss their naps entirely rather than put them down early for a 45-minute snooze session and then jolt them out of a deep slumber to take them to a birthday party. Waking up these sleepy heads...
... resulted in two anti-social and uncooperative party poopers:
After much reassurance from Mommy, Clara eventually warmed up and decided to participate on her own:
Colby played along with Daddy for approximately 3 minutes and then spent the rest of the time pouting, disobeying, or being stuck in time out. At least we have one picture that suggests he wasn't miserable:
- And lastly, if you haven't watched this video yet about how crazy moms get when getting the house ready for company, please go do it now. I can't stop watching it or laughing at it!
"There cannot be any sign of LIVING in this house!"