Background template

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's in my bag? (Week 19)

I'm afraid that this post won't be all that exciting unless you're nosey naturally curious about the mundane details of other people's lives (which, let's be honest, you probably are if you read blogs). Allow me to introduce you to the contents of my purse - but first, a disclaimer: I don't consider myself a brand person, but I went ahead and included the brands of some of the items in case they're of interest...

First of all, here's my purse- it's black and pretty basic but I love it and have used it for longer than any other purse I've owned. 2013 Christmas gift from Mom for the win!

And here's a peek at the inside - details to follow...

Owl sunglasses case from Francesca's
Key ring (also a Christmas gift from my mom)
Leopard print pouch (from I don't remember when/where)
Coach "Mini skinny" wallet (another Christmas gift from my mom... do you sense a theme here?)
Wallet from Harrods (souvenir from my parents' trip to London a couple of years ago)
Work iPhone (with super exciting plain black case)
Not pictured: my non-work iPhone, because I was using it to take these pics, duh

Pouch contents:
Burt's Bees Milk & Honey lotion (I actually do not like this scent - it smells like elderly people - but I would feel wasteful throwing it away...)
Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer + holder (past stocking stuffers from my MIL)
Floss (because I'm a fan of good dental hygiene)
MAC blot powder (I know you're shocked that the shade is called "light")

My preferred gum: Orbit - Sweetmint
My preferred lip-wear: Chapstick - Vanilla Mint (complete with emergency hair tie)

Contents of the inside zipper pocket:
2 pens + 1 sharpie (which comes in handy more often than you'd think)
Rubberband
Flash drive + universal USB adapter (both giveaways from an HR conference)
Owl notepad
4 lip glosses + 1 lipstick that I seriously never, ever use, so I'm not even going to bother looking up the deets (no joke - I think the Laura Mercier one is from my wedding day...)
Earphones
And last, but not least: dice
(This is so random, but back in my youth ministry internship days, I was introduced to a game called "100" that simply required a dice, pen, and a piece of paper. It was so easy and entertaining that I started keeping one in my purse just in case an occasion arose to play it. Ten years later, I'm apparently still prepared!)

And there you have it.

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Fascinating! Also, you forgot to give a shout-out to the earphones...

Kimberly Schiffel said...

I recognize the Owl Notepad! :)

Also, I wanted so bad to love the BB Milk + Honey and it does totally smell like old people. It's hard to find, but they actually make an unscented one that's all the moisture, without the old folks.

Emily said...

WHERE ARE THE TAMPONS? LIES LIES LIES!

But seriously, I am highly amused that you regularly keep lipstick/lipgloss that you don't use. I'm probably more amused by that than I am the dice. Emergency games never hurt. I should stick a deck of cards in mine...

Brittany said...

Just as organized and practical as I would have expected! The dice was a nice, unpredictable touch! ;)

Brittnie said...

I am laughing that you have lipstick from your wedding day that you never wear! :) Thanks for giving us nosy people a chance to snoop inside your bag!

Erika said...

I'm just telling myself that you pulled out all the scraps of paper, loose receipts and change, gum wrappers, and tampons before you posted this. SURELY you did. Otherwise you are not quite human.

Natasha said...

I envy your good dental hygiene as I just bought my first ever dental floss a couple of months ago. And I am amused that you carry lipgloss/lipstick which you never use. Also, why do you have two wallets? What is in the second one? Just a nosy person who wants to know more!

Also, since I'm reading this after Hallowe'en, I am loving your new blog header photo.