Background template

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Something that excites me and fills me with joy (Week 15)

If you're hoping for something deep like, "my faith!" or "my children!" or "my career!," then you're going to be very disappointed with this post. I, however, think this week's topic could not have been more perfectly timed because TOMORROW we are leaving for our first kid-free getaway, and that, my friends, excites me and fills me with joy.

I know it's a no-no to inform the internet when you're going out of town, but our children, house, and dogs are all going to be under the loving and attentive care of my in-laws, so I think we're safe. And speaking of those children, the only thing distracting me from my joy is knowing how much I'm going to miss them while we're gone. I know we'll have fun on our trip and that they'll have a blast with Mimi and Granddaddy, but missing out on 4 days with them breaks this mama's heart a little.

Nonetheless, let's focus on the fun things we have to look forward to...

Views like these:


Weather like this: 


And food like this:

I know this is strange, but one of the things I am most looking forward to eating there is pimento cheese. While Brian dines on vast quantities of sea food and fried chicken, I will be eating my weight in this stuff.

So yeah, I think we'll survive. If you have any Charleston tips, please do share!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must try Callie's Biscuits on King Street! So good you'll probably have some shipped home!!

the blogivers said...

I'm jelly, but you deserve the getaway - can't wait to hear about the perfect weather and pimento cheese!

Emily said...

It didn't even cross my mind to put something deep like career or children, so I'm glad we are like-minded. I am jealous of your trip to Charleston! I have never tried pimiento cheese but I feel like it is something I would love. After all, I LOVE cheese and I really like pimentos, so shouldn't I love the combination?

Brittnie said...

So fun!! Have an absolute blast!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Erika said...

Ahhhhh I live like in the middle of Pimento Cheese Saturation-ville...and I can basically never get enough. It doesn't matter that it's ubiquitous. I always want it. So ENJOY!!!!

Brittany said...

Yay!!! I hope y'all have the best time and love Charleston! Can't wait to hear about it! :)

Natasha said...

Travel! Kid-free travel! This is all majorly exciting!!!

And I am looking forward to reading all about your weekend. I hope it was awesome.