Background template

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Someone(s) I've always wanted to meet (Week 13)

I never have an answer for that "if you could eat dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?" question, so this one was tricky for me. So forgive me, but I'm cheating a little bit. Allow me to present you with a few people that I wouldn't pay exorbitant amounts of money to hang out with, but that I would be excited about meeting:

1 & 2. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler

I'm lumping these two together for obvious reasons. They're funny. They're smart. They're cute. They're moms. Why wouldn't I want to meet these two?!

3. Lynne Truss

I'll be honest- I know very little about this person. What I do know, however, is that she wrote one of my favorite books: Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. It's a satire about grammar and I remember laughing out loud in more than one public place while reading it. I would love to meet her just to complain about the abuse of the apostrophe together... and listening to her British accent would be an added bonus.

Also, a brief look at her website revealed to me that she used to have a pet (albeit a cat) named "Buster," so basically we have everything in common.

4. The cast of Dawson's Creek

This is still one of my favorite shows of all time. Ideally, I'd like to go back to 1998 and meet the cast when the show first started, but in the event that time travel isn't available, I would definitely settle for meeting them today. I would want to include Grams and Dawson's parents, but I could do without most of the other extras, especially from the college years.

So now that I've established little to no depth to my personality, it's your turn to share: who would be on your list?

5 comments:

the blogivers said...

Whew, so glad you finally picked someone (kind of)! I spent too much time trying to help you think of a person to try and think of one for myself now!

Emily said...

I like this approach: not worth paying money to meet, but would be very excited for the opportunity.
And now this book is on my reading list. I'm certainly not perfect at grammar, but as I grow older, I find myself more and more annoyed with incorrect word use (then/than, your/you're, effect/affect).

Erika said...

I always struggle with answering this question, so I think you made some excellent selections!! I would definitely go with Amy & Tina!

Brittnie said...

Good choices!

I have never heard of that author but should probably read her book since my grammar is awful. So glad we can still be friends despite this little difference! :)

Natasha said...

If you liked "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation," then you should read "Between You & Me" by Mary Norris. It was awesome. And intimidating :)