Background template

Thursday, August 20, 2015

My favorite thing to do right now (Week 9)

This is going to sound very lame, but my favorite thing to "do" right now is have Friday afternoons to myself. I get off of work at 11:30 am every Friday (I know- amazing), and usually don't pick the twins up from daycare until around 4 pm, so that means I get 4.5 glorious hours to myself.

How do I spend this precious time, you ask? Well it typically looks a little something like this:

11:30 am-12:30 pm - I take my weekly trip to the grocery store. No one is flailing around in my cart or demanding a "treeeeeeat," and it is awesome. There's also usually not much of a crowd at that time, so I can navigate freely through the aisles. Oh what a life of luxury I lead...

12:45 pm - After I put away the groceries, I eat lunch while I update our budget, because I'm (a) all about multi-tasking and (b) a dork. While I eat, no one asks for "MORE ICE WATER, MOMMY" and I only have to wash off my plate when I'm done, and it is awesome.

1:30-3:30 pm - So this is where my routine varies depending on the week. I typically participate in any combination of the following activities:
- clean the house
- go to Target (regardless of whether or not I actually need anything, because, duh)
- organize the twins' room/closet
- take care of appointments
- run miscellaneous errands that I don't want to have to deal with during the weekend


And while yes, I do selfishly enjoy the peace, quiet, and productivity that comes with my Friday afternoons, it's also a great opportunity for me to recover from the week and get some of the boring stuff crossed off the "to do" list so I can make the most of the weekend with my peeps. And I'm sure all 3 of them appreciate the fact that I've had some time to decompress by the time they see me on Friday evening.

So there you have it... "me time" for the win!


7 comments:

Brittnie said...

I am super impressed that you are so productive during these hours! I try to be productive during my alone time/Camille's nap time every day, but usually fall prey to the internet. :)

Emily said...

I am so so so so so so so jealous of this. This is like a dream. I have maybe an hour between work and daycare, but an hour isn't enough to REALLY accomplish much, especially not enough to go home and then back out. I want this!

Natasha said...

I just commented on another blog how much I absolutely LOVE grocery shopping by myself. This sounds really blissful :)

Brittany said...

Scheduled alone time every week? Yes, please! Also, I always wear my red pumps to Target when I shop too!! :)

Aubrey said...

How did you get so lucky to have Friday afternoons off?! Jealous!!!

the blogivers said...

Katie R. pointed out that I received zero mention in this post and asked if I was really not included in your Friday afternoon activities - I told her that except for a few Target outings with us, you'd prefer to keep your kid-free time free of kids!

Erika said...

This does sounds pretty extremely amazing. Also, I wish someone would organize Millie's closet/drawers on a semi-regular basis. She ran out of hangers the other day so I decided to cull through some of her hanging outfits...yeeeah, plenty of 6-9 month dresses from last winter still hanging out in there. That ship sailed awhile back, and now I have to be all sad as I'm confronted with the evidence. Ugh. I just need someone else to do that sad stuff for me.