Background template

Monday, August 24, 2015

C&C-isms

Just wanted to share a few of some of the recent Colby-isms and Clara-isms...

We walked by a neighbor recently and I prompted the twins to say, "Hi there!" as we passed. Colby cooperated and said, "Hi there!," and then when the person was behind us, he followed it up with, "Bye there!"

Before we leave for daycare in the mornings, Clara puts her cup of milk back in the fridge. A few times lately while doing so, she has spotted leftover food from dinner the night before and demanded a bite. Apparently nothing hits the spot quite like a cold turkey meatball at 6:45 in the morning.


I know almost all kids do this, but both Colby and Clara say, "hold you?" when they want to be picked up and it might be my favorite thing ever.

There are a couple of giant horse statues in Sugar Land's town square that Colby has determined are actually hippos, and he excitedly asks for them as such any time we're in the vicinity. I don't know why the idea of two hippo statues in the middle of a fountain makes me laugh so much, but it does.


The morning after Brian's parents and sister babysat recently, Clara asked, "Where'd Shannon go?" and proceeded to look under the breakfast table, because clearly after putting the twins to bed, she must have gone under there to wait for them until morning, right?

I've mentioned before that they both have a tendency to take random objects to bed with them at night. The most ridiculous one? Clara once insisted on sleeping with a clear plastic spoon that she used to eat gelato at dinner that evening. Imagine what a fun treasure hunt it was to look for that when she cried out for it in the middle of the night.

Any time I go to the bathroom, I can't help but laugh when both of them excitedly announce that Mommy's going to the "big boy potty." 

He's since learned the actual word for it, but Colby recently said he wanted some "happy to you" and after some investigating, I realized that he was talking about cake. ("Happy birthday to you" = "happy to you" = cake... can't fault that logic!)


Colby now refers to himself as "Toby" or "Doby," while he refers to Clara as "Tara," "Dara," or occasionally, "Cawa." Clara still refers to herself as "Rah-rah," while she refers to Colby as "Bubby."

Yesterday the twins came with us to the regular service at church (rather than childcare) because we were being presented as new members. I was holding Clara while I was singing when she turned towards me, stared at me for a second, then put her finger up to my mouth and firmly said, "NO." 

And to save the best for last, allow me to introduce you to one of the twins' favorite pastimes, "Hulking out":


 Little ones, you sure are crazy, but we sure do you love you!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

They are turning into such funny little people! Two can definitely be an annoying age, as you know, but some of the things they say can make up for SOME of the less pleasant behaviors!

Brittnie said...

Love all of these!! They are so cute! I think the pic of Clara with the potato chip bag is my fav. :)

Emily said...

Love these. I have, on occasion, snatched a cold leftover meatball at 7am, so I can get where Clara is coming from!

Brittany said...

Cutie Patooties! Two is my very favorite age!! Also, I love the "hulking out". So funny!

Brittany Gaspard said...

Cold left-overs in the morning are the best! #teamclara

Erika said...

Ahhh this is so cute!!! Clara is going to be an amazing college student one day, what with her appetite for cold leftovers...nom nom.

Natasha said...

"Hulking out" and the hippos made me laugh a lot!

I loved the "hold you?" stage. Awww.