Background template

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Something I look forward to in the next 12 months (Writing Challenge: Week 2)

First of all, happy July and rabbit, rabbit to you all! I'm back with week 2 of the writing challenge, tackling the topic of "something I look forward to in the next 12 months." As you might recall, last summer we took a family trip to Breckenridge, Colorado, along with the Olivers and my parents. We enjoyed the escape from the summer heat so much that we decided to do it again this year, only we picked a different destination (and sadly, my parents won't be joining us this time).

July 2014 in Breckenridge

So next month, we're headed to Lake Hamilton, Arkansas (just outside of Hot Springs) for a few days of resting and relaxing surviving with 4 children aged 4 and under! We found a cute house on VRBO that we're hoping will be as big of a hit as the one we stayed in last year in Colorado.

I'm admittedly a little nervous about the 7-hour drive with the twins, but they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so if we make it to Arkansas alive, we will no doubt enjoy ourselves. If nothing else, it will be nice to get a break from our routine and spend some quality time with our favorite partners-in-crime.

We have no real agenda yet, but my limited research thus far tells me we can look forward to a children's museum, amusement/water park, aquarium, fishing, and other miscellaneous outdoorsy activities. Also, eating, because calories don't count when you're out of state.

If any of you happen to be familiar with the area (or bored and interested in planning other people's vacations...), please feel free to send tips our way!

"Majestic" sunsets, here we come!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

Yay! This is so opposite from last year's trip in that I couldn't have even told you exactly where we were going, let alone what there is to do there...

Brittnie said...

Super fun! I will be living vicariously through your vacation since we have not one thing/family vacay planned this summer!!

Anna Mary said...

I've heard there is a little hole in the wall spot called The Dairyette not too far west of Hot Springs. The Coke Shake is my, I mean "a crowd" favorite.

Brittany said...

This sounds like a wonderful vacation spot! I know you will have a great time!

Erika said...

Ooooh, yall are so adventurous!!! I have only used VRBO once and it was fantastic, so I'm inclined to think that your house is going to be amazing! Have a blast!

Jenni said...

Isn't Shakey's in Hot Springs?!

Emily said...

Back from our vacation and catching up on postings... this sounds like so much fun! Well ok, not the 7-hour drive. Yikes. After 4.5 hour drive today, I just can't fathom a full 7, but I'm sure it'll be all worth it (ok, maybe not sure, but I can at least hope!)

Natasha said...

Ohhhh, this is definitely something good to look forward to! And yes, the seven hour drive will be worth it.