Background template

Friday, July 24, 2015

Proof that I don't (completely) live under a rock

(Alternate title: Five on Friday, but since I already used that gimmick on Monday, I felt too guilty repeating it...)

I wanted to share a few of my recent discoveries as proof that I do things besides raise my children, talk about my children, and go to work.

- I foolishly agreed to follow Kendra Scott on Instagram recently and thanks to that decision, I am now obsessing over these earrings that I really do not need:


(For an extra $20, these are also pretty cute!)

- After several wise friends suggested doing so, Brian and I finally started (and finished) watching the first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix, and it is so stupid, but also so hysterical. I would best describe it as (follow me, here) Elf + 13 Going on 30 30 Rock + Arrested Development. If you are not a fan of any of those, then I'm not certain that our friendship needs to continue and you should probably just stop reading here. ;)

(Also, I CANNOT get the theme song out of my head...)
  
- We tried a new crock pot recipe this week and even though it's far from fancy (and one of my children refused to eat it), I would call it a win:



- Allison recently introduced me to this daily devotional e-mail subscription from Proverbs 31 and I am really enjoying it so far. My compulsive need to "action" all items in my e-mail inbox as quickly as possible prevents me from waiting until late in the day to read it, so it's been a helpful way to start my day off with the right perspective.


- Semi-relatedly, my co-worker introduced me to theSkimm, and I am also loving it. I find the news to be both depressing and overwhelming, but since I can't avoid it entirely while still remaining generally informed, this is a happy medium. It's basically a daily e-mail that provides a condensed- and just as importantly, entertaining- version of what's going on in the world.

And that is all I have for you today, my friends. If this post doesn't convince you of how awesome and exciting my life is, then I don't know what will.

8 comments:

Brittnie said...

Just signed up for theSkimm, so thanks for that recommendation! I need something like this to keep myself somewhat up to date on current events. :)

the blogivers said...

1. Those are super cute, but all I can think about is how badly the larger version would hurt my ears.
2. It's a miracle!
3. Am I the one that shared that recipe with you at some point? Because we've had it a few times and I like it but Davis did not.
4. You're welcome.
5. Will have to check it out!

Katy said...

Can we ignore our family for a whole weekend and watch all the shows we both like and eat vats of queso? I feel like that should happen.

P.S. Females are strong as hell.

Emily said...

I'm proud of you for staying informed. I admit that the news completely depresses me so unless its shared on facebook... I basically don't notice. Terrible? Probably.

Erika said...

So I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Kimmy Schmidt and I liked it, but didn't love it. Now that I look at your equation, I can see the issue- I love Elf, 13 Going on 30, and 30 Rock, but I REALLY do not get/enjoy Arrested Development. So that can explain why I mostly enjoy but didn't LOVE-love Kimmy. It all makes sense now!

hollie marie said...

Love Kimmy Schmidt. Love Kendra Scott. Love P31 (though I choose SheReadsTruth for my daily inboxed devos) and now I am a Skimm recipient. I guess Tamale Pie is all I need and then we would be kindred spirits! Ha!

Natasha said...

I also like the Proverbs 31 daily e-mails. I've been getting them for a few years now. However, I don't get them read in quite a timely manner as you do.

And is it wrong that I want to buy a crockpot just so I can make that recipe. It looks delicious. Yum.

Brittany said...

I love those earrings!