Background template

Monday, July 20, 2015

Five on Monday

Sort of like "Five on Friday," except earlier in the week.

1. Allison and I watched Moms' Night Out on Friday and my professional opinion? Pretty cheesy and not so much my style. That said, there was some wisdom in it and I found the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes relatable, so it wasn't a total wash. (Also, I decided to track my progress on my 25 before 32 list here.)



2. A new Gallery Furniture opened recently about 20 minutes away from us, and although we are not so much in need of any furniture, we heard it was very kid-friendly and perhaps equally as important, climate-controlled (which is imperative when the temperature and humidity level both involve the number '100'). We decided to check it out on Saturday and it did not disappoint:

Left: checking out the monkeys - yes, live monkeys - in the outdoor courtyard; Top right: checking out the aquarium that's bigger than our master bedroom; Bottom right: jumping on the mattresses that are displayed at the front of the store specifically for people to jump on

Top left: cutest little boy in the world; Top right: cutest little girl in the world; Bottom: cutest little twins in the world

3. Crossing another item off the list, I finally got to experience Torchy's Tacos for the first time. Much like Gallery Furniture, it did not disappoint, but I feel a lot less lame saying that about a restaurant than about a trip to the furniture store.

Per Allison's advice, I had a fried avocado taco and Brian, the twins, and I shared the green chile queso. Please note in the bottom left picture that Clara was dipping her quesadilla in her water, which Colby deemed an appropriate activity as well. 


4. Brian's parents moved into a new house this weekend (just 8 miles away from us!), and we did our best to distract them from unpacking by pulling out all of Brian's and Shannon's childhood toys as well as letting the twins try out their piano:


5.  This is actually from the weekend before last, but it's too cute for me not to share. Behold: Colby performing "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star":

My favorite part is at the end when he sings, "how I wonder wittle star" and then just stops like it's clearly the end of the song. I sure love that little guy!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Glad I was able to help you with a couple of items on your list so quickly - that's how I roll!

Brittnie said...

I am thinking I need to venture out to Gallery Furniture! I am pretty sure Camille would be in heaven!!

Torchy's Tacos queso is the best!!

Beth said...

My feelings about Mom's Night Out were essentially the same the first time I watched it. They showed it this weekend and I somewhat reluctantly watched it again but found that watching it with 100 other moms made it more entertaining.
I want to try that taco now! We've only been to Torchy's once.
I want to take the boys back to Gallery Furniture but don't want to deal with sales schpeels. Small price to pay though.
Awesome that your in laws will be closer!

Emily said...

Ok, so cross off Mom's Night Out off the list, good to know. Also, that toy house at your in-laws... I either owned it or had a friend that owned it, and it was one of my favorite "dollhouses" of all times. And I got a little too ridiculously excited seeing it in the picture.

Natasha said...

Gallery Furniture looks amazing!!! We went potential furniture shopping on Friday night but did not take our kids.

Also, this past weekend was also hot here (but not near as hot as Texas -- only 85F temp (103F with the humidity)), and I had a small taste of what Texas in the summer is potentially like. Let's just say I'm way more impressed that you all survive, let alone venture outside at all!

Erika said...

I was seriously doubting that a furniture store could be cool, but you proved me wrong! MONKEYS?!?!! Clearly I need to get back to Texas. Also, a fried avocado taco sounds amazing. Like, beyond amazing, actually.

Brittany said...

1. I felt the same way about that movie. I thought it was so cheesy and dramatic!
2. We have been wanting to go to Gallery Furniture! So glad to know that it lived up to the hype!
3. I also recently tried Torchy's Tacos for the first time and got the fried avocado taco (per Allison's advice). YUM!
4. Exciting that Brian's parents will be so close!
5. ADORABLE. :)