I know I'm not alone in this, but I'm fairly certain that I'm addicted to my FitBit. And I'm pretty sure that one of the steps toward recovery is to confess my wrongdoings, so allow me to share with you my confessions:
1. I walk in place or do laps around the house while watching TV at night if I haven't yet reached my 10,000 steps. I've even jogged in place at the side of the bed before actually getting into bed just to achieve the goal.
2. When I get out of the shower, I won't even walk to my dresser before putting my FitBit back on, lest I don't get credit for those 6 steps.
3. When I'm pushing the cart at the grocery store, I do it one-handed so that my FitBit arm is free to swing back and forth.
4. I do the same thing when pushing the stroller, but that's only if Brian isn't with me, in which case I
5. If one of the twins is holding my hand while we walk, I will switch sides to make sure they're holding my non-FitBit hand (... so I can still swing my arm, in case you're missing the trend here). The same goes for Brian if we're holding hands!
6. Not that I get to go very often, but the pool is my nemesis because of all of those wasted, un-waterproof steps.
7. This is very sad, but I was so proud of the the ONE TIME I was beating Allison on the 7-day step total that I took a screenshot of our rankings and saved it for future reference:
It was actually on our birthday, and her battery died just after I snapped this screenshot, which sent her into a mild panic attack ;)
Any of you other step-trackers have similar confessions that you're anxious to get off your chest?