Background template

Monday, July 27, 2015

Farewell, adenoids and hello, ear tubes


Thanks to some persistent fluid in his ears, our little guy is having ear tubes put in today and having his adenoids removed while they're at it. I know it is a very routine procedure and am not worried in the least, but nonetheless, we would appreciate your prayers for Colby to not be too scared, to go through the procedure smoothly, and to recover quickly.

I was really pumped when the surgery scheduler called on Friday to tell me we need to arrive at the surgery center at 6 am- yikes. A big shout-out to my sis for agreeing to come to our house at 5:30 am so that we don't have to wake Clara up and drag her along with us!

Anyway, by the time most of you read this, we'll probably be finished with the procedure and already at home recovering, since I hear the whole process is pretty quick. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!


7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Praying for a smooth procedure and recovery for the CG, and here's to a healthier future!

sschnitzler said...

Good luck buddy! Let us know how Colby does as soon as you can.

Allison Snoderly said...

My boy twin had the exact same procedure done 2 weeks ago today. By Tuesday, you would never even know he had surgery. Prayers that Colby does well and his recovery!!

Brittnie said...

I am praying! I am sure he's done and you are home by now!! Let me know how it goes please!

Brittany said...

So glad that everything went well and that he will hopefully not have to deal with all of those ear infections anymore!

Natasha said...

I hope everything went well and Colby is back to his regular self, without the ear infections.

Erika said...

How'd it go?? Millie's return to consciousness from the anesthesia was ABSOLUTELY INSANE...I'm glad so many people (and the doctors) had prepared me for the chance that she might be MAD as she woke up...because "mad" didn't even remotely describe it. Hot damn. That's about all there was to say. Anyway, she's back to normal now, and I hope Colby is too!!