Background template

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday morning observations

A few observations from my weekend...

- I'm so glad you all got such a kick out of Brian's guest post on Friday! One of our friends at church yesterday mentioned she wasn't quite sure she'd ever be able to look at him the same now that she's seen his "dad bod" ;)

- Whenever we have child-free plans and a babysitter lined up, I feel like I catch the parent version of senioritis in the 1-2 hours leading up to said plans. My (already low) tolerance for whining and tantrums plummets to approximately zero and it takes incredible self-restraint for me not to hand them a sleeve of cookies and call it a day. I'm guessing this is what the last 1-2 hours before dads get home feel like for SAHMs every day?

- Speaking of minimally caring for one's dependents, the dogs had their semi-annual bath this weekend. If you think I'm exaggerating, then you should know that the last time we had them bathed was literally 6 months ago. The good news is that (a) we bathe the children much more often than that, and (b) the twins were excited about another excuse to visit the pet store:

"WIZARDS!"

"FEESH!"

- We experienced our first double time-out situation yesterday (both twins in time-out at the same time) and it was really neat. As you might expect, Colby fought it but eventually cooperated, calmed down, and went back to eating his lunch. As you also might expect, Clara lost her marbles, simultaneously reached out her arms for me/hit me when I tried to get closer, and received 2 spankings before deciding to rejoin the human race. Good times.

- Pretty sure that this amazing and patriotic cake that we prepared for a church event yesterday proves that we should quit our jobs and open up our own bakery. Agreed?



7 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha, the "WIZARDS!" comment made me laugh for some reason. LOL. ROFL. LMAO. TTYL.

Natasha said...

I also really liked the "WIZARDS!" caption! And yes, the parental version of senioritis hits about half an hour before Dave gets home. Every. Single. Day. It's why DVDs were invented. And cookies :)

Brittnie said...

Oh my goodness, yes. Parental senioritis is a real thing. The 5-6pm hour is when I am known to send text messages to Brandon such as "Your children might not be here when you get home." Or "Camille will be lucky if she makes it to bedtime." :)

Erika said...

Hahahaha WIZARDS also cracked me up. Also, yeah. It's a good thing I don't see Brian often in real life...I'll need a few days to recover from the Dad Bod thing.

Brittany said...

I never commented on Brian's dad bod post, but it made me laugh! Also, I totally get the parental senioritis thing! I'm glad you came up with a name for the concept, so now I know what to call it! :)

kayla Agan said...

Ha! Yessss on the senioritis! I've been known to hand off a child and simply disappear.

Emily said...

Parental senioritis! YES! I feel the same when Adam texts that he's catching an early train home from the office and can assist with bedtime. I just mail it in...