Background template

Friday, June 5, 2015

Just a week, just an ordinary week

We've had a gloriously ordinary and uneventful week in the Joiner house, and we have a pretty ordinary and uneventful weekend ahead of us. Not so great for generating blogging material, but great for my sanity, so there's that.

So in the spirit of that, allow me to share with you a few very boring ordinary tidbits:

- I bought a new hair dryer. Based on facebook recommendations and Amazon reviews, I ended up picking the BaByliss Pro BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme Dryer. We also finally signed up for Amazon Prime, which is both dangerous and delightful considering my affinity for instant gratification, so it's due to arrive today. Since I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats, I'll be sure to update you and let you know what I think.

- In honor of the new Jurassic World movie, Dairy Queen has come out with a Jurassic Smash Blizzard that I'm fairly certain is going to change my life. The ingredients include: peanut butter cookies (yes), chocolate chip cookie dough (yes), peanut butter (yes), and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve (yes and yes). So basically, it's all of my favorite food groups blended into one treat. Once again, I'll be sure to let you know what I think.



- Any of you that know Clara know that she has a passionate love for her bows, and her catch phrase (stated with conviction) is "MY BOW!" So it wasn't surprising that we found her stuffed owl sporting one the other night:


- Both of the twins requested, "Mama cheese?" before bed last night, so of course I obliged by taking their pictures. It was dark, so pardon the flash-induced squinty eyes:


And that's all I've got. Anything extraordinarily ordinary going on in your lives?

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm glad we were able to kill a few days of summer in Dallas, but I'm jealous of your ordinary week with all of its ordinariness...

Brittany Gaspard said...

I love the pictures of Colby & Clara! And hello sassy Clara!

Emily said...

I want that DQ Blizzard sooooooooooooo bad. Every time a commercial comes on, I'm like: "YESSSSSSS"

Also, the bow on owl is freakin' adorable.

Cole said...

I'm a new reader. Your kiddos are absolutely adorable!

Brittnie said...

That blizzard. . . like you said, all my fav foods into one delightful treat!! Happy weekend!!

Brittany said...

Loving the new look (of the blog)! Your job is basically done as a girl mom now that you've gotten her to like bows! ;)

Natasha said...

I need an ordinary uneventful weekend. And I love the new blog look!