Background template

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day revisited

I know what you're all wondering after last week's post, so to answer your question, yes, of course my Mother's Day weekend was perfect, peaceful, relaxing, and free of stress and frustration. The kids behaved like angels, cooperated for all pictures, and obviously I never lost my cool.

Ok, so that may not have been the case, but I can use pictures to pretend it was, and one day when I'm old and senile and can't remember anything, I'll come back and believe it. (Except that's not entirely true, because I'm pretty sure the agony of Clara's public temper tantrum on Saturday evening is forever etched in my brain and will overcome even severe dimentia.)

But in all seriousness, imperfections aside, we enjoyed our weekend and Brian did a great job of making me feel loved and appreciated... and perhaps almost as importantly, he handled all of the dirty diapers on Sunday ;)

We had no plans for Saturday morning, so we decided to be productive and tend to some of the windows in the house that had yet to be "treated." Loved this pic of Colby watching Brian in action, especially because he went and grabbed that stool and climbed up there all by himself- he thinks he is such a big boy!

Colby and his Granddaddy after an early Mother's Day dinner with Brian's family on Saturday

A classic picture of our always opinionated (and never afraid to share it) little Clara after dinner... approximately 1.5 hours after The Tantrum That Shall Not Be Named (accompanied by Mommy's Meltdown That Shall Not Be Named)

According to Brian, the flowers are from Colby and the chocolates are from Clara- they've got great taste!

Left: me with the twins in May 2013
Right: me with the twins in May 2015
(I e-mailed Allison this side-by-side and the subject line read, "RIP, Cleavage" - you're welcome for that)

I know I post a lot of pictures in this same pose, but bedtime with these two really is my favorite time of the day, and with smiles like these, how could I not?

Not pictured: thoughtful gifts from Brian, our moms, my SIL, and even a sweet friend that knew I was having a tough week; a tasty breakfast prepared by Brian, a pedicure + shopping with my sis, and a deliciously unhealthy Mexican food dinner with the Olivers

I know Mother's Day isn't the easiest holiday for everyone- whether you've lost a child, lost a mom, are still holding out hope to one day be a mom, or if you're simply a mom that's weary from this exhausting (but wonderful) job- so I hope that if Sunday brought more tears than smiles, you can be comforted in knowing that today is a new day!

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love the pic of Colby copying Brian! And also love the pic of Clara being Clara! They may have their moments, but they are cute little kiddos.

Brittany said...

The picture of Colby with Brian's dad is so great! I also love the one of little Miss Priss. :) These girls… they are exhausting, but sure are cute! ;) Glad you had a great weekend!

Brittnie said...

"RIP, Cleavage." HAHA!

Love your pics with the twins at bedtime. . . one of our favorite times of day, too!

Katie Jeanne said...

Your kids are so darn cute! Do you know where you got Colby's pajamas? I have those in fleece footie pajamas for my 13 month old, but they are his favorite, so I need to find ones without feet and ones that are cooler :) Thanks for any help you can give me!

Erika said...

HAHAHAHA RIP, cleavage. Classic!! I must say, Colby's head/neck looks a lot more comfy these days. And if you find that the dress Clara wore on Saturday is now tarnished with the memories of the tantrum and she can't wear it again without you both having flash backs and so you want to give it to Millie...then she accepts.

Emily said...

RIP cleavage..... dying... love it! But seriously, very glad your weekend improved after the Tantrum (which I won't lie, I totally wish you got on video because sometimes as a mom its nice to see other children have imperfect days too). I love Colby "helping" daddy by standing on a stool - their little brains work in such adorable ways.

Amanda said...

HAHAHA! RIP cleavage... that's awesome. Glad to hear you had a good Mother's Day weekend minus a tantrum or two.

Natasha said...

RIP Cleavage! Ha ha ha!!! And so true, speaking as one who has experience it and not as a comment on your photos :)

And I'm glad to hear that your weekend was (mostly) great!