Background template

Monday, April 27, 2015

Lots of pictures of my children

I could get creative and come up with a catchy title for this post, or I could go ahead and call a spade a spade, which is what I opted to do!

We had another fun-filled weekend- birthday season is upon us for our family, and it seems that birthday party season is also picking up for the twins' friends, so that means we've been spending a lot of time at celebratory meals and we've eaten a lot of cake. No complaints here!

Before recapping, however, I need to share two pictures from last weekend:

I posted a similar pic on Instagram, but being that they were both looking at the camera and half-smiling, I had to share this one, too. Such committed Aggie parents, aren't we?

This little one is our budding artist. She drew this series of squiggles and proudly declared it to be a star (duh)- I just love how happy she looks :)

Ok and back to this past weekend. One of the twins' best pals at daycare (the one transitioning with them to the new room) had a party on Saturday and although it took Clara a while to warm up (a separate post on that to come, perhaps), she and Colby both had fun playing with someone else's toys and running around like wild banshees.

Clara's lunch consisted of a bag of Cheetos and 2 cookies. When in Rome...

The party was apparently so fun that even this guy took a nap afterward, and an almost 2-hour one at that! (Don't worry, he did not follow suit on Sunday and went all day without sleeping a wink.)

Brian's mom also celebrated a big birthday on Saturday, and we managed to surprise her by having Brian's grandparents and aunt/uncle/cousin join us for dinner. Once again, Clara took quite a bit of time to warm up, but once she talked herself off the ledge, all was well and we actually had a good time. 

Brian's dad ("Granddaddy") has a special bond with Clara- he is one of very few people that can handle her when she's in one of her moods

Despite what the less than impressed expression on his face suggests, Colby is a big fan of his Mimi

After dinner, we headed back to our house for some key lime pie for the birthday girl and bedtime for Colby and Clara. Auntie Shannon had her fancy camera with her and snapped lots of great pics, so you know what that means:

Thank God for patient dogs!

Oh my gosh, don't you want to eat him for dinner?

Bath time!

This look captures her personality so very well!

Not sure which I love more: Colby's sweet expression or Clara's manic one...

For real, I can't stop myself. He is just so handsome!

If you know Mimi, then you know there could have been no more perfect ending to her special day!

Hope your weekends were equally full in a good way and not in a "I need another weekend to recover from this weekend" kind of way. It always amazes me that when Sunday night rolls around, I am simultaneously so ready for a break from chasing toddlers around and so dreading not getting to spend all my time with them. 

We'll be celebrating three more birthdays this coming weekend (including Davis & Brian- see what I mean about birthday season?), so prepare yourself for some potential deja vu!

5 comments:

the blogivers said...

Love all the pics but I extra love the ones Shannon took, so maybe you should hire her to follow you around on a semi-weekly basis to get good shots all the time!

Brittnie said...

Love that picture of Clara in the bath!! Her expression is priceless.

Yay for birthday season!! Can't ever complain for lots of food and especially lots of dessert. :) Speaking of birthday season please tell me why we planned Clara's party for this Saturday when Brandon will be gone all week and not home til Friday evening. (He is the one that comes up with all birthday related ideas AND executes them so. . . . ).

Erika said...

Hahaha that bath picture of Clara is priceless!! I love their matching Aggie outfits, too. Maroon is such a great color...I'm jealous it's your school color!

Emily said...

Gah, I am so far behind on my blog reading. You MUST do a post on Clara's little personality! I nearly peed my pants at "talked herself off a ledge" but like, WHAT is it that sets her off? I feel like she's an Extrovert and would love these social situations, but maybe not and they make her anxious? Also, the fact that I'm trying to personality type YOUR child from like 10 states away probably means I have a serious problem and need help. :(
Most important point: your kids are freakin' cute, fancy camera or not. :P

Natasha said...

Okay, the bath pictures are my absolute favourites! So cute!!!

And we are also in the midst of our birthday season. Well, okay, it's winding down a bit. Just Rachel's left to celebrate. Whew.