Background template

Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring has sprung

Yes, the warmer weather has arrived and although my allergies and pasty white skin aren't thrilled about the whole thing, we're doing our best to embrace the change in seasons and make the most of it.

We sported our cooler weather attire one last time last week... and apparently ate lollipops to commemorate the occasion:


We hit up an Easter egg hunt at a local church on Saturday, and although it was the twins' first time hunting for eggs, they didn't seem to have any trouble grasping the concept. They also didn't have any trouble grasping the concept that the eggs contained candy and MUST BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY FOR SAID CANDY TO BE UNWRAPPED AND EATEN.



Hey, Clara, don't look like you're enjoying yourself even the tiniest bit, ok?

Little Sebastian, is that you?? 

And yes, I did have to stop her from eating the goat's food. Once again, moments like this make me feel really warm and fuzzy about the fact that the twins regularly refuse the food we make and serve them but gleefully embrace eating food prepared for barn animals.

Mid-hug in front of the balloon carrot

Brian and his dad also put together the twins' (early) birthday present this weekend, and I'm really happy with how it turned out:

The twins were also really happy with how it turned out, as evidenced by the multiple tantrums that have ensued when we've insisted that it's time to stop swinging and come inside. Oh, toddlers, how I loathe admire your passion and persistence.

I caught all 3 of my peeps enjoying the new swing yesterday morning while I was getting ready for the day. Guess Brian didn't get the jammies memo:

We also enjoyed a visit yesterday from one of my high school besties and her husband (who run an organic farm in Maine!). We don't get to see them very often, so it was a nice treat to catch up, and a nice treat for them to experience the warm weather... and 4 active young children as an added bonus ;)


As I mentioned on facebook, I also spent a good portion of the weekend lamenting the fact that my babies are about to turn two and creating collages like these:

Ahh they were so little... and now they are so big. How did this happen? And how do I make it stop? And how many Reese's eggs can I eat to console myself before it's considered a problem?

To answer your question, yes, all of this activity (and emotional reflecting) has been pretty tiring for all of us, which explains why Colby ended up like this at dinner last night*. That, or the fact that he opted not to nap again yesterday afternoon:
*I say "night," but we went to eat at 4 pm, so maybe "late afternoon" would be a more appropriate term.

6 comments:

Brittnie said...

"Moments like this make me feel really warm and fuzzy about the fact that the twins regularly refuse the food we make and serve them but gleefully embrace eating food prepared for barn animals." - Dying!! :) Ha!

Also, please note that ANYTIME we have to be "all done" with swinging/playing outside the world as we know it is officially over.

the blogivers said...

Congrats on not mentioning the biting incident from last night! And here's my next great idea: start serving the kids goat food for dinner, and then they will probably reject it in favor of anything else, and then you can swoop in with the broccoli and carrots.

Emily said...

I completely see the logic of opening every egg and eating the candy immediately; I mean, why not? :)

We also have had similar tantrums regarding "no, I don't want to come in from outside" but ours stem from a new Radio Flyer bike rather than a swingset. It's sad because it makes me NOT want to go out knowing what we have to face coming IN.

Erika said...

Ahhhhh baby Clara?!?!? I forgot how adorable she was!!! I miss her!!

Brittany said...

What a fun Spring weekend! They are going to have so much fun on their new swing set!

Natasha said...

What a fun swing set! And suddenly Clara's hair looks really long and like she's four or something. Ahhh.