While Clara seems to be feeling better, I have spent most of the week obsessing about the fact that she is still not herself. And the fact that she has been waking up SCREAMING a few times a night has not helped my ability to concentrate. But her appetite is back to normal and she is even willingly departing her coveted spot in my lap to actually play in the evenings, so I'm hopeful that she's almost back to her normal spunky self.
It is also important to note today that the twins have been out of my womb for 23 months, which means in one short month, my teeny little babies will be TWO. I will try to spare you all of my cliche thoughts about how it has only lasted an instant but an eternity all at the same time. And how I am equal parts depressed and excited that they are growing up and turning into little people. I will instead choose to channel my anxiety into obsessing about what to get them for their birthday and what to serve for Easter brunch with my family that day. Easter/birthday combo dessert idea suggestions welcome!
Other things that are bound to make you jealous about my week so far:
- The twins had lollipops for dinner on Monday night. Seriously. Clara supplemented hers with a fruit pouch while Colby supplemented his with apple sauce, so basically it was a well-rounded meal.
- As of last night, we are finished watching Gilmore Girls, and similar to my thoughts above on the twins' birthday, I am sad but ready to bid Stars Hollow farewell.
- I have been reading an actual BOOK. What's pathetic is that my friend let me borrow it at least two years ago and I just got around to starting it last week.
- I'm going to see Miranda Lambert with a couple of friends at the rodeo tonight! Perhaps more significantly, I somehow managed to have three husband-and-children-free nights out scheduled in a three-week time period (including this one). I'm going to give Allison credit for this because I was never this social before she moved here.
- I'm getting my hair cut on Friday (first one since last June, because I live life on the wild side like that). Poll: should I chop it or just get a trim?