Background template

Friday, March 27, 2015

Five on Friday

1. Well, we did it. We finally introduced the kids to "Frozen" (thanks to my sweet pal, Heather)! The verdict?

Colby was pretty enthralled, although he would occasionally get distracted and ask us to watch a dump truck video (such a boy!)

Clara has actually yet to show interest and opted to play with her beloved stickers instead, but I caught her dancing to one of the songs, so I'm pretty sure she'll come around.

2. In other finally-jumping-on-the-bandwagon news, Brian and I started watching "Parenthood" this week. We're only a few episodes in, but I can already see why people love(d) the series so much- especially parents. But riddle me this: how on earth am I supposed to watch Lauren Graham's character and think of her as anyone other than Lorelai Gilmore?!

3. Remember the twins' new word for "diaper?"  Imagine my delight when we were 2 feet away from a woman in Target this past weekend and Clara pointed at her diaper and loudly exclaimed, "Mama! My poo poo!"

4. In case you and/or your children are fans of chicken nuggets, then you definitely need to try this recipe. Easy, tasty, and healthier than the frozen option. And if you aren't a fan of chicken nuggets, then I'm not sure we can continue to be friends.

5. These pictures have been posted outside of the twins' classroom for a few weeks and I had to take a pic before they came down. Love these little leprechauns!

11 comments:

Brittnie said...

I will this recipe for Ckn nuggets since, you know, con nuggets are basically their own food group in this house.

Brittnie said...

try this recipe :)

ckn nuggets, not con nuggets

I promise I really can spell.

the blogivers said...

It will get easier to accept Lauren Graham as non-Lorelai, I promise! Especially as the seasons go on and she starts to look older.

Emily said...

Parenthood is one TV show that I started watching at the very beginning, but eventually dropped (one of the reasons being my mind's inability to recognize Lauren Graham as anything but Lorelai) but then REALLY regretted not keeping up with the show. Enjoy it!

Beth said...

We have yet to watch Frozen, but Richard really wants to (haha!) so I've been planning to borrow it this weekend. We actually have a frozen bday party tomorrow. I'm glad you're watching Parenthood! I have 2 episodes left of gg and I'll be done with the whole series.

Brittany said...

I am so excited you are watching Parenthood!! It keeps getting better and better! Such cute little leprechauns you have! :)

Katy said...

I had that problem, but the other way around. I watched Parenthood before I re-introduced myself to GG. As I watched GG, I kept thinking of her as a Braverman. Seriously, Parenthood and GG are two of my all time favorite shows!

Erika said...

I also had that struggle since I watched Parenthood RIGHT after I finished GG. And it doesn't help that Lorelei and Sarah are fairly similar characters. But like the others said, as the seasons progress, it's easier to think of her as Sarah and not Lorelei!!

Katie Jeanne said...

I felt the same way as you, in regards to Parenthood, but it is an amazing show and you will fall in love with all of the characters! I can't wait to try the chicken nugget recipe- yum!

Allena said...

I am halfway through season 5 of Parenthood and I STILL compare Sarah to Lorelai, but it's weird because you can definitely see how much she has aged since GG. Especially in the neck area. Did you know she and Peter Krause (Adam) are together in real life? I definitely want to try those chicken nuggets!

Natasha said...

I want to start watching Parenthood but the library doesn't have it and we don't have Netflix, or any other way to watch it, so I might have to break down and buy Season 1. However, the whole Lauren Graham thing might be too distracting for me.

We're also considering buying Frozen because, although she has never seen it, Rachel has all the songs memorized.