Background template

Friday, March 13, 2015

Five on Friday

1. I painted my toes green for St. Patrick's Day. And on that note, it probably doesn't surprise you to learn that I was also the girl in high school that changed the color of the rubberbands on my braces to match the nearest holiday...


2. Brian and I saw "Once," the musical, for a client event for his company on Wednesday and I really enjoyed it! I was expecting a typical (cheesy) musical experience, but that was not the case. And now I'm pretty sure I'll have this song in my head for weeks to come:


I was also a big fan of this one, for the record.

3. We're taking the kids to the rodeo today and I am almost as excited about eating a fried Oreo as I am about showing the twins all the animals, tractors, and rides. In case you aren't familiar with the (mostly fried) fare of the Houston rodeo, then you need to check out this Buzzfeed article.

#4 & #5. This one has been in a great mood all week...


... as has this one!

They have also both been extra chatty and talking our ears off, which results in plenty of car-ride entertainment. 

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone!

6 comments:

Brittnie said...

Have fun today and eat a fried brownie for me! I mentioned on Allison's blog, but I did decide to send Clara with her class on her rodeo field trip today so if by chance you see her, snap a pic for me?? :) I would be lying if I said I was totally calm and collected about this one!

Emily said...

Sounds like your Houston rodeo is the equivalent of our local Renaissance Fair, just substitute the medieval attire for cowboy hats. :)
Also, fried oreos are my favorite of the faire food. I have tried fried snickers and thought the fried oreos were significantly better because the mix of the chocolate/cream and greasy fried skin was perfection.

So jealous.

the blogivers said...

I have been looking forward to this fried food, so it had better not let me down!!

Aubrey said...

Yay for #4 and #5!

Erika said...

Ohhh I just LOVE the movie Once (and the soundtrack)- I would love to see the musical!! The rodeo sounds like a blast- eat some corndogs for me!!!

Natasha said...

Yay for happy twins! And what colour have you painted your toes for Easter?! Inquiring minds want to know...