Background template

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Coming never to an etsy shop near you!

Having decided to do a family brunch for the twins' birthday rather than an actual party, we aren't planning to buy decorations and put together something super themey, because hello, that would sort of defeat the purpose of not planning an actual party. Nonetheless, I still want the house to look festive and include some details that suggest I at least made some effort!

I had noticed a few examples of bunny "garland" on pinterest and thought they looked easy enough, so on Sunday, I decided to get crafty and make my own. Allow me to share with you the super complex process of creating your very own bunny rabbit garland/banner:

1. Gather scrapbook paper. I had some leftover from the twins' first birthday party, so I used that. And allow me to make a confession: the peach-colored paper I used for the bunnies actually came from a giant book of scrapbook paper that I bought for my wedding scrapbook 8 years ago. Hoarding for the win!

2. Cut out 4 bunting flags/pendants/whatever the heck those things are called. You can find templates online, OR if you own a ruler, you can make your own with minimal effort. Oh, for what it's worth, mine were about 5" wide and 7" tall.

3. Print out a bunny silhouette. I used this one. Make sure to make it the correct size proportional to your flags.

4. Trace the bunny onto scrapbook paper and cut out 4 bunnies. Enlist your husband to help if you don't have the patience to do all 4.

5. Hole punch the flags and the bunnies (2 holes in each).

6. Using twine, ribbon, or a string from an unraveled sock for all I care, string the flags and bunnies together.

7. You're done.

And here is the finished product:


I suppose you could be cutesy and put cotton balls on the bunnies to make them look like tails... but you could also not do that and save 5 minutes of your time, so it's your call!

So there you have it, my friends- the first and probably final crafty "how to" post I will ever write! :)

9 comments:

Emily said...

Now that you've proven your banner-making skills, I expect a banner for EVERY life event!

the blogivers said...

Looks great, and I will happily shop at your Etsy shop coming never!

Nelson Bartley said...

Adorable. You could def sell these on Etsy. Looks very professional.

Aubrey said...

Adorable! Love it! I should make one. Maybe next year ;)

Natasha said...

This is awesome and I am totally pinning this to make one for Rachel's birthday party, which is conveniently a bunny theme!

the blogivers said...

Just using and abusing your blog to check my settings. You can ignore this comment... or write me back with a list of reasons why I'm awesome.

Brittany said...

So cute!

Erika said...

Looks awesome!! You could just swap out the bunny shape for some other shape next year and it'll be like a whole new thing!!

Brittnie said...

I am quite impressed! Nice work!