Background template

Monday, February 9, 2015

You'll never guess what this is about

Allison and I were talking this weekend about how our blogs these days are (a) virtually identical and (b) consist almost entirely of weekend recaps. Given our matching genes and proximity to one another, the former is not likely to change. And given the fact that my non-weekends are filled with work (boring), the latter is not likely to change either... so I guess this is my way of saying sorry I'm not sorry?

Here are the highlights you need to know from this past weekend:

1. We went to the zoo.
2. We hung out with the Olivers.
3. We went to church.
4. I consumed a few bowls of salted caramel pretzel ice cream (the Safeway brand, because we're classy like that).
5. I took pictures of events #1-3 above.

Zoo

Getting pumped about the animals

Must be nice to be chauffeured around the zoo while you eat snacks...

Ironically, the kids were too distracted by the rhinos to look at the camera.

Christmas card 2015 contender FOR SURE

Twinsies with the giraffes

Twinsies pretending to be giraffes

Clara kept waving to the animals in the petting zoo and enthusiastically yelling "HI!" Avery was a little less enthused.

Hey, Clara, your future teenager is showing!

Love those little monkeys

Finally released from their mobile prison stroller and enjoying their freedom with Davis

Hanging out with the Olivers

Wade and Colby doing a little uncle/nephew bonding over chips and dip

Pardon me for interrupting your chewing with another picture

Stole this one from Allison - my 4 favorite little people!

Church
We're really enjoying the new church we've been visiting, and as I mentioned, I'm still enjoying taking advantage of dressing Clara up:



 And lastly, a gratuitous picture of Colby and Clara in a box:

Thanks, readers, for once again bearing with me on another weekend recap. As expected, I'll return 1-2 times this week with some in-between-weekend-recap filler content! 

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

So many cute pictures of such cute little humans!

Brittnie said...

Y'all got some great pics! And I kind of love reading about your weekends together so please keep em coming! See ya tonight!

Erika said...

I am irrationally jealous that the kids got cut-up pieces of kiwi. LUCKY DUCKS. I love kiwi but the work required to get to the good stuff is sometimes more than I can handle. I wish you were my mom.

Emily said...

Per the usual, your kids are adorable!
Also, I'm a little disappointed that you did not take a picture of #4, because that salted caramel pretzel ice cream sounds absolutely delicious and I am totally craving it right now even though we don't have Safeway up here.

kayla Agan said...

Cute! And I get the vibe from these pics that your kids would destroy mine in "sitting nicely at the table" contest! They look so behaved. Mine at meals = chaos!!!

Brittany Sciba said...

So many cute pictures of what seemed to be a great weekend!

Jenn said...

I'm very envious of your zoo weather in February. We are counting down the days until our zoo opens again. Looks like a fun weekend!

Our Little Miracles

Natasha said...

The weekends are when anything exciting happens anyways. And I love "kid in a box" pictures! So cute!!!