Background template

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Such extreme highs and lows

Things that are getting on my nerves: 
1. The weather forecast for this week is perfect (sorry, Northern readers!). Sunny with highs in the 70s. Saturday and Sunday (aka: the only 2 days I get to see daylight and play with the twins), however? Temperatures in the 50s with a 70-90% chance of rain.

2. That pesky full-time job of mine is also preventing me from spending all of my waking hours watching Gilmore Girls. I still have 3.5 seasons to get through before I'm finished and I just don't know logistically how I will accomplish this task while working AND parenting.

3. Most of the contestants on The Bachelor. Oh, and the bachelor himself. I'm enjoying watching this season with my sis and some friends, but these people are truly, mind-numbingly exasperating. Except for Becca- I like her... I think.


Things that aren't getting on my nerves:
1. The twins like what we made for dinner this week! Pre-children, it wasn't a huge deal if whatever we made for dinner for the week wasn't a big hit because we usually just ate it anyway and moved on with our lives. When Colby and Clara don't enjoy what we made, however, there is whining, yelling, and lots of violent utensil-throwing.

2. I'm not going to give specifics yet, but our days of paying two mortgages will be over soon, Lord willing!

3. Ok, sorry for talking about The Bachelor twice in one post (you can blame Allison), but this SNL spoof of the show was too funny not to share:

8 comments:

the blogivers said...

Ha, I almost posted that SNL video on my blog post today but ended up deleting it since it was very irrelevant to my post about sick children. #twinzies

Katy said...

I can totally relate to your GG issue (as I have said in the past, I believe.) I have found that watching it on the iPad while I straighten my hair in the morning is a good thing. Also, telling Zack that I have a headache and need to take a bath to relax allows be a good 30 minutes of watching time. I mean, as long as I don't drop the iPad in the bath tub....The struggle is real.

Beth said...

I'm so happy you're watching the Bachelor now! Becca is my fave too! I've started watching GG on Netflix based on so many recommendations (I only ever saw it here and there when it was new) and am enjoying but struggle to get through one episode a day because of you know, life, but also the narcolepsy that kicks in when I try to be still and watch tv. I'm going to try out that Pinterest recipe - I'm up for anything that prevents throwing of food and utensils!

Emily said...

1. Your weather... I hate you.
2. I think I told you already (I apologize for repeating, mom brain) that I have every boxed season of Gilmore Girls until the final season, which was so horrific that I barely got through the show. Just warnin' ya.
3. I totally pinned that dinner so YAY! I can't wait to try it!
4. HOORAY for the house debacle almost being over!
5. I feel really uncool that I don't watch the Bachelor, but I don't know if my brain can actually take it.

Brittnie said...

All this talk of Gilmore Girls and I think I need to get on board. Because that is what I need to do to feel so productive with my time. . . right?! But seriously since Parenthood is coming to an end I will need a replacement obsession.

I pinned that dinner not long ago so I think it's time I give it a try! Esp if its kid approved!!

Natasha said...

I was really short on sleep while watching Gilmore Girls. I wouldn't recommend that approach!

And I'm super envious of your weather since we are currently 80 degrees colder than you (with windchill)!

And I CAN'T WAIT to hear news that your days of paying two mortgages are over!

Brittany Sciba said...

How exciting that the house issue is close to being resolved!! I am also watching The Bachelor this year after taking a couple of seasons off, and I have to say that I don't feel like there are very many that are a good match for him! Maybe Becca or Whitney?? I kind of like Jade, but I can't really decide. Also, I'm jealous that C&C sometimes like what you make! Mine never do. Ever. Ugh.

Erika said...

I'm sad that you're watching the Bachelor this season and I'm not!!! But I can give you a tip on fitting more GG in on your day- squeeze an episode in (on your phone) during lunch!! Such a great mental break.