Background template

Monday, January 26, 2015

Gender stereotyping for the win!

I've come to you this week with even more deep thoughts to share: dressing Clara for church is way more fun than dressing her for school. Unlike Colby, there are several items of Clara's clothing that either aren't practical for her to wear to school or that I just don't want her to risk ruining (although truth be told, they typically come home from daycare much cleaner than they are after a day at home).

And because I want there to be proof that I do put bows in my daughter's hair, allow me to share a few with you:

This is the smocked owl dress that I spend an absurd amount of money on and blogged about back in the Spring. Worth every penny, I must say, because it has room for her to grow and more importantly, she looks so darn cute in it! (Also, please note how pleased Colby is that he's getting to play with his coveted unsharpened pencil and notepad... funny kid.) 


I think I want to wear this outfit myself, white fluffy vest and all.

I triple dog dare you to find anything cuter than a miniature pea coat. With gold flats. And tights with gold bows on them. And don't even get me started on the fact that her dress (and matching bow) are maroon!!

Ok, I'm done reveling in my girl(y) mom-ness. But I don't have anything more exciting to say, so I'm just going to leave you with a few more pictures from this weekend that incorrectly suggest I don't actually have a son as well:

Actually, if you look closely, that cute son of mine is making a cameo in the reflection of Clara's shades!

Post-nap hair always accompanies post-nap confusion

Avery and Clara hanging out at the park yesterday... more interested in picking up rocks than smiling for the camera.

And lastly, proof that I do have a son. I think it's safe to say there's enough "boy" going on in this picture that other pictures aren't even necessary :)


7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Love love love my boys, but I'm really excited for bows and smocked dresses! :)

the blogivers said...

Here's hoping someone sees this and signs Clara on to be a baby model! (And maybe Chuy's will see it and sign Colby on to be their model with that last pic, too.)

Emily said...

There is NOTHING cuter than a miniature pea coat. I squeal every time I see a little girl dressed up in one! And the fluffy white vest... and gold bow tights... and I super love the polka dot shirt (which I know I've said before, unless you have multiple cute polka dot shirts)... I'm dying in cuteness.

Sighhhhhh. Maybe someday...

Natasha said...

Would Clara's wardrobe fit me??? Especially that pea coat.

Brittany Sciba said...

So many cute outfits and such a cute little girl! :) Also, if you ever need me to convince you to buy anything again, I'm always available. ;) Kids clothes are my favorite hobby!

Brittnie said...

She is one well dressed little girl! Loving all her outfits!!

Could tell by the wall decor that y'all were at Chuy's. Could go for some of that right about now!

Erika said...

OH yeah- hands down, a baby pea coat is basically the cutest thing on earth. Clara is killing it in hers.