- Current nicknames: Colbs, Guy Man, Buddy Guy
- He will be 16 months old one week from today.
- As of 1.5 weeks ago, he weighs 22 pounds, 3 ounces, which puts him in the 38th percentile (also the highest yet for him)!
- He's also 30.5 inches tall (21st percentile), which is the exact same height as his sister.
- His head measures 18.5 inches around, which puts him in the 53rd percentile. I think it's interesting that his percentiles are all over the map!
- Colby's current favorite food is, well, everything. He really loves bananas, grapes, yogurt, and barbeque (yes, Brian is particularly proud of that fact), but will gladly shovel any number of foods into his mouth these days if you put them in front of him. So great is his love for eating that one of the daycare teachers mentioned that he will often walk up to the refrigerator in their classroom and cry once mealtime is over.
- Napping is just not his thing. He is more than ready to move down to one nap a day, but for now, he is stuck on Clara's two-nap schedule in order to preserve everyone's sanity. This means that he usually plays for 25% of his morning nap and sleeps for the other 75%. And for the afternoon nap, those percentages are generally reversed.
- Sleeping at night, however, is his forte. I can probably count on one hand the number of times he has even made a peep during the middle of the night over the past several months. And to answer the question that we get all of the time: yes, the twins can (usually) sleep through each other's noise-making, hysterical crying included.
- He is a big fan of stuffed animals and blankies, which I find to be about the cutest thing on earth. He has always been the more snuggly of the two, so I guess this shouldn't surprise me much.
- He has quite an arm on him and loves to pick up a ball, yell 'BA!!!' and pelt the closest target with said ball.
- Much like his daddy, he is very even-tempered and really only loses his cool if he is hangry or if he gets hurt.
- Also much like his daddy, he's very sweet and is known to drop whatever he's doing, smile excitedly, and run over to one of us to give us a hug.
- He has become much more sociable and is really into waving and telling people "hi" and "bye" at the moment.
- His preferred hobbies include: moving furniture (nothing is off limits), playing with his cars and trucks, "reading" quietly behind the couch as if he is very engrossed in his board books and needs privacy to fully enjoy them, denting our coffee table with any object within reach, and throwing his sippy cup on the floor 8,000 times a day
Colby Guy, we tell you this all the time, but we're pretty sure you are, in fact, the sweetest little boy that ever lived. I might not have guessed that would be the case when you were a newborn (aptly dubbed "the terrorist"), but it certainly is true now.
I know you won't stay this little forever (sniff sniff), but I sure do hope you stay this sweet, thoughtful, and loving forever! I love you, little boy!