Background template

Friday, December 19, 2014

The Year of the Collage

I had grand plans of forcing politely requesting that Allison use her fancy pants camera to take some posed family pictures for us this year to use in our Christmas card. But then I realized that attempting such a photo shoot with two, ahem, "spirited" toddlers and one, ahem, "neurotic" mom would be a disaster for everyone involved.

And so, much to Brian's delight, I declared that 2014 would be The Year of the Collage. And behold, our Christmas card was born:



And because Shutterfly enjoys taking all of my money inspired me to do so, I decided to include a picture on the back as well from the twins' baptism back in March:


So from our family to yours, Merry Christmas! 

(I'm not sure if this still works, but once upon a time, you could get $10 from Shutterfly for "sharing" one of your projects on your blog (hence the pic below)... so here goes nothing!


7 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm thankful I didn't end up getting tasked with taking a picture because I'm certain it would have ended with me in trouble!

Brittany Sciba said...

I love your card! It's perfect and much less stressful than forcing a photo shoot. :)

Emily said...

Super cute! My fav is the top middle (July 4th?). I also devote a large part of my gift list to shutterfly; great for knocking out grandparent gifts!

Erika said...

Love the card!! And it seems like EVERYONE picked collage cards this year!

Amanda said...

Very cute card!! We went the collage route this year, too -- had way too many cute pictures to choose just one. I ordered through VistaPrint because I had a Groupon, but it's probably the last time I ever use that company...their "deals" are never really deals, coupons are only good for the most obscure things, they try to trick you into buying 10 other photo products at check out...it's just exhausting. And terribly frustrating.

Allena said...

I am always about the collage photo. Too much stress trying to create the perfect family photo! Y'all's turned out great!

Natasha said...

I like your card. And Yay! for collages of unforced family photos :)