Background template

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Who needs sleep when you have so much sugar in the house?

(In case you're a new visitor from Twin Talk, welcome!)

Just in case you notice Brian, Colby, Clara, and I continuing to walk around like zombies this week, take a peek at what our weekend entailed and you'll understand why:

1. Halloween
Posted this gem on facebook. Took it before leaving the house on Friday, and quickly learned that one should never force a toddler into a costume in the wee hours of the morning without first feeding him some Cheerios.

In a rare turn of events, Clara was the more cooperative and easygoing of the two.

Dorothy and the lion enjoying some breakfast at daycare

Went trick-or-treating at Daddy's office and the Cowardly Lion was living up to his name

Scoping out the competition

So much candy, so little time

Dorothy snuck in a power nap between visiting daddy's office and eating dinner... love that her sparkly red shoes made the shot!

This would be what Dorothy looked like after the tornado

Pre-trick-or-treating dinner with the cousins


It's too bad the girls don't have much personality

Family pic, in which Allison's magical camera made the twins look much more cooperative than they were actually being!

Favorite things about this pic (1) that cute little lion (2) Avery yawning (3) Franny chasing Clara in the background

Clara was more interested in stealing the neighbors' pine cones than getting candy

I know this is a little lazy, but I don't care. Way better than having to corral and/or carry them all night!

Both of my determined children sucked on candy wrappers for so long that they eventually got through to the good stuff. Here's Colby in a Reese's peanut butter coma at the end of the evening.

2. We celebrated Avery's first birthday!

Yep, this little muffin turned one on the day after Halloween! I'll let Allison do the picture-posting (mostly because I didn't take any). The day also included lots of family time, playing, and eating, and ended in Mexican food meltdowns for the twins at dinner.

3. The time change!

You will not find me complaining about the time change because (1) it normally accompanies cooler temperatures, (2) it meant we could put the twins down for bed at 6:30 pm on Sunday and have the rest of the evening to rest and recover from the weekend. AND because we already have to wake them up so early for daycare (6:30 am), we didn't even have to worry about having to suffer for it the next morning!

And here's a gratuitous shot of Colby playing at the park with his cousins towards the end of the weekend. Please note the tired eyes and dirt all over his face. I just love that little boy!

7 comments:

the blogivers said...

I'm sure the weekends for the rest of the year will be much more relaxing since there is nothing else going on in November or December, right...?

Katie Jeanne said...

I don't know if I have commented before, but I love all of your posts! Where do you find the time to post?! Regardless, your family is adorable and I think it is cool that your sister lives so close to you now!

Brittany Sciba said...

Cutest little Dorothy and Lion ever!! Also, I'm still getting used to Brian's new hair! I really like it, but I almost don't recognize him in pictures!

Erika said...

LOVE their costume theme!! And Colby's eyes are so blue they are kind of ridiculous. How do you convince him to put in colored contacts every morning? Millie always refuses when I ask...

Brittnie said...

Cutest Dorothy and Lion there ever was! I throw a fit if anyone asks me to do anything before I have coffee in the morning, so I totally get Colby's meltdown over not having Cheerios fast enough. :)

kayla Agan said...

Yay for a bonus hour of sleep for the babies & way to go on documentation of Halloween. I have ONE picture & only one of my kids made the shot!

Natasha said...

I'm laughing too much over the "Dorothy after the tornado" caption to write anything else. Ha ha ha!!!