Background template

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Eve

I'm sad to report that one of our little turkeys has come down with not one, but two ear infections this week. I'm even sadder to report that we were convinced her recent fussiness and sleep drama were a product of teething, and as a result, we weren't doing much to help her other than the occasional dose of Tylenol.

Thankfully, we put two and two together yesterday morning and were able to take her to the pediatrician and score some antibiotics prior to commencing our Turkey Day travels. And you fellow working moms will appreciate that I was simultaneously listening to a conference call yesterday morning while waiting on hold to make the appointment with the doctor. Good thing I didn't mix up the phones and start to inform all of our company's HR Managers about Clara's bodily functions.



Now that that's behind us, we can commence packing into close quarters with my family, eating entirely too many carbohydrates, and reflecting on the countless reasons we have to be thankful, namely these two:


But before I go, allow me to leave you with a few unrelated but important-to-share points:

1. Colby and Clara both refer to each other by the same name "Rah-rah" (originally coined by Colby as his name for Clara). I do want them to be able to say Colby's name (and know that they don't both have the same name), but I wouldn't be entirely upset if they both call each other "Rah-rah" forever.

2. I have to make a Thanksgiving confession: I don't like pie. I know that's un-American of me, but I can't help it... I just think it's gross. This partially stems from the fact that I don't like fruit in my dessert, but that's not the only issue, because I don't like pecan pie either.

3. Today is my 7th anniversary at my job! Some days are less enjoyable at others (it is called "work," after all), but generally speaking, I enjoy what I do and just as importantly, I like my co-workers. And for that, I am thankful.

11 comments:

the blogivers said...

"Stems from the fact that I don't like fruit in my dessert" - pun intended??

Brittnie said...

Totally get the pie thing! I hate fruit in my dessert. When I eat pie I eat the crust and leave the fruit. Fruit and dessert should not be in the same sentence.

Hope little Clara gets to feeling better ASAP!

Brian Joiner said...

All of you non-pie-eaters can go live in Russia. Pie is the best. Cobbler too!

Shannon said...

They look so grown up sitting at the table!! Hope the Rah-rahs (and you and Brian) have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!

Emily said...

Yesss to overlapping personal/conference calls! When Aaron was a tiny infant, I worked from home on Fridays. I used to start a nursing session just seconds before the conference call commenced in hopes that I could keep him quiet for the whole thing. I'd say it had a 50% success rate.

Erika said...

I'm with Brian on this one- people who don't like fruit in their dessert should be banished to faraway lands. Don't be surprised if they come revoke your citizenship today!! Glad Clara got some meds, though, and SO cute that they call each other the same name!!

Brittany Sciba said...

I hope Clara feels better very soon! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Brian, Rah-Rah, and Rah-Rah!

hollie marie said...

Poor sweet girl! We did the double ear infection once and it was miserable for Isaac... thankfully, the littles bounce back SO quickly!

Allena said...

What about chocolate pie? Surely you like that!

Aubrey said...

Ick! No pie for me, either!

Natasha said...

I only like a couple of kinds of pie -- apple and Saskatoon berry. And once in a while, cherry.

Also, I think the twins are just very encouraging to one another. "Rah-rah, go team!"