Background template

Monday, November 3, 2014

Guest post: on being a twin with twins

Happy Monday, everyone! I know you're really disappointed not to have another Halloween recap post to read today, but have no fear, I'll be back with more pictures of my children in costumes than you ever cared to see on Wednesday.

In the meantime, I had the privilege of writing a guest post on Twin Talk blog today, so be sure to head over and check it out. In case you don't recall, I shared a link to the blog back in July when they posted Colby & Clara's birth story.

In today's post, I share a little insight about being a mom to twins from the perspective of a mom that is a twin... that's a mouthful. And as a bonus for those of you that are reading this post, allow me to share one more thing you should know about having twins that I forgot to include in my guest post:

6. Never get in the way of a twin fight. My mom discovered this when Allison and I were very young, and in the years ahead, our friends, college roommates, boyfriends, and eventually husbands learned the same. My mom put it best when she said that if you do make this mistake, the twins will stop fighting with each other and instead turn on you. She speaks the truth!

Of course, there are times when it's necessary to intervene in order to avoid a trip to the ER and/or being reported to CPS, but my general advice when a twin fight starts is just to let them work it out. It will teach them to problem-solve without making you the permanent referee, and for that, you will you be grateful.




Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!

7 comments:

NN Bartley said...

In the top pic, is that you giving the evil eye to Allison? And in the bottom, Allison returning the look?

the blogivers said...

Classic picture comparison!

Brittany Sciba said...

I loved reading your guest post! I learned a lot, especially that it never bothered you not to have "alone time" with your parents. I feel like that will be really helpful to a lot of twin moms! I am also glad that I figured out #6 before I ever decided to get in the middle of one of yours and Allison's fights. You know, since I'm so confrontational and everything. ;) I also loved the pictures you included on both posts!

Erika said...

Great post!! But I'm a little hurt you didn't mention your de facto triplet in Georgia...???

Brittnie said...

Fun post! Enjoyed reading it!! And I passed the Twin Talk blog link to my SIL who is expecting twins, as you know!

Aubrey said...

Ha ha! I can't handle those pictures! So funny! Great guest post :)

Natasha said...

I really love the wedding picture. Was it staged or did the photographer just manage to capture "the perfect moment"?!