Background template

Monday, October 13, 2014

Observations

Just a few observations to start off the week…

- I really, really, really love not having to set my alarm clock on the weekends. I also really, really, really love when my only weekend plans include helping my twin sister + family move into town because it means I don't have to fix my hair, wear makeup, or shower regularly.

- And on that note, the Olivers have made the big move and and I still can't believe it's real!

- I now talk to my dogs the same way I talk to my children. "No, no, Buster- we don't jump on the back door," doesn't really seem to have the desired effect. Maybe if I tried the reverse (speaking to the children like I normally do to the dogs), it would result in all 4 of them actually listening to me?

- Relatedly, I've noticed that my dogs and my children have more or less the same reaction when they hear one of us opening a bag of food. And that reaction is very loud and irritating.

- I'm pretty sure you'll find about as many Texans jerseys at our church on Sunday mornings as you will at an actual Texans game. There are many things I love about going to a contemporary church, but I can't say that's one of them. I know, super judgmental of me, but to be fair, I'm not a big fan of wearing jerseys outside of attending/watching sporting events in general.

- Allison got me hooked on eating hummus and swiss cheese sandwiches for lunch, and I just have to say that I feel cheated when the piece of swiss cheese I use has more holes in it than usual.

- Based on the twins' 18-month check-up on Friday, it appears that Clara is taller than Colby- she's actually in the 72nd percentile for height and he's only in the 25th percentile!

- … but Colby is still outweighing her, by a whopping 6 ounces. (23 pounds, 4 ounces for him and 22 pounds, 14 ounces for her).

- During the appointment, the pediatrician noticed a couple of mosquito bites on Clara and for some reason, she didn't seem all that amused when I commented, "We're trying our best to contract West Nile."

- My dad has a birthday today, so please join me in wishing Dad/Steve/Pop Pop a very happy 64th birthday!

5 comments:

Erika said...

Oooooh yeah, the abundance of football jerseys would annoy me, too. For some reason, regular old team t-shirts aren't nearly as annoying or obnoxious, but jerseys are like...stop. We're not in a stadium. And hummus + swiss cheese??!?! Although I like both of those things separately, that sounds pretty revolting. What flavor hummus? What kind of bread?

Brittany Sciba said...

1. Yay for lots of sister time this weekend!!
2. I agree about the jerseys.
3. I am so excited to try a hummus and swiss sandwich! Yum!
4. I love your sense of humor and that you said that to your doctor!
5. Happy birthday to your sweet Dad!

Aubrey said...

Haha the Swiss cheese comment made me laugh!

Brittnie said...

Guess Dr. O wasn't in the most joking of moods? Haha.

Natasha said...

I would try the hummus and swiss cheese sandwich except I don't like swiss cheese. Thus, the more holes it has the less of it there is that I have to eat!

Also, your comment about West Nile made me laugh!