Background template

Monday, September 29, 2014

Some "important" things you need to know

1. This guy is the cutest bunny there ever was.


2. This girl has figured out how to brush her hair.




3. These two now have their own outdoor dining arrangement.




4. I went to a baby shower on Saturday and came home to find this special set-up. That would be a television propped up in our dining room in order for Brian to watch the A&M game while "watching" our children in the TV-less playroom. (Note to self: give in and get a TV for the playroom.)




5. Relatedly, the Aggies won this weekend. I'm sure many of you can relate, but when I root for the Aggies to win every weekend, I'm in no small part rooting for my husband to stay in a good mood for another week :)

6. Colby tumbled headfirst out of the shopping cart at Whole Foods yesterday. He reached for a box of cookies and although I was no more than a foot or two away (pushing the cart), I couldn't reach out in time to catch him. It scared him and it scared me, but thankfully he was a-ok and stopped crying as soon as we got outside and he saw the fountain. Clara, however, kept screaming while Brian carried her through the check-out line. It's a toss up as to whether she was concerned for her brother or just upset that I left her view.

I would love to say that we'll never make that mistake again by letting them ride together in the basket, but I don't know how else we're supposed to push them both around in one cart (if there aren't any double seated ones available). Moms of 2+ kids: suggestions welcome!

7. You should all watch this video for a good laugh:

14 comments:

Aubrey said...

Brian's set up is amazing! So funny! And I'm so glad Colby is OK after his fall at the store!

the blogivers said...

1-3. Those muffins are cute.
4. You had two #3s. Also, I'm going to need you to put a tv in the playroom so I have something else to do instead of watch children when I babysit.
5. Whoop.
6. I don't have any awesome suggestions, unfortunately. You could leave the double stroller in the back of your car and use that when you are running some errands (not the grocery store, obviously)?
7. Watched that video recently and it's really amusing!

Katie said...

Because my children have also fallen out of the cart I now either wear one of the twins in the ergo carrier or I use the stroller and put items in the stroller basket or i carry one of the little baskets. I have also gotten pretty good at pushing the stroller and pulling a shopping cart. Not fun but sometimes I'm desperate!!

Brittnie said...

I am laughing at Brian's set up. I could totally see Brandon doing something similar if we had a play room.

I am glad Colby is ok! I let my Clara ride in the cart cause I have the similar dilemma! I will be reading for suggestions!

Anonymous said...

I would suggest looking into a sakura bloom ring sling or a moby wrap? Wear one of the babies while the other is in the cart.

Erika said...

I love Clara brushing her hair!! Too cute. Have yall cut her hair yet or did it just grow out to look cute like that?

Brittany Sciba said...

The little picnic table looks so fun and you know I can relate to #5. :)

hollie marie said...

Totally understand the cranky-hubby-after-football-loss syndrome. Jordan is a nut for the 49ers... and I always keep my fingers crossed for a "W"!!!

Relatedly, he loves when I tell him (as he's shouting at the TV), that they cannot hear his suggestions. And by loves, I really mean loathes.


...ohhh football season.

Carly said...

OMG.. so glad the little guys is OK!! While I do not have twins I do have 2 girls 15 months apart...(where they both want to do what the other is doing all. the. freaking. time!) and I recently just put them back to back in the sitting area with their feets hanging over the side of the cart..where they are facing the opposite direction and that seemed to work well.. Hopefully that made sense?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natasha said...

That video made me laugh a lot because it is so what Dave ad I fight about. Ha ha ha!!!

Sam fell out of the cart and onto his head at the grocery store too and he was an only child at that point so I have no advice.

We have a similar picnic table for our kids and we LOVE it! It is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Pull kids in wagon while pushing the cart. It's a pain but works

kayla Agan said...

Turn around and go home angry when all the double strollers are taken.

kayla Agan said...

Double carts I mean ��