Background template

Friday, August 22, 2014

Battle to blessing

Two years ago today, we found out that we were (finally)pregnant. I still remember the day very clearly- what I was wearing (my favorite purple dress)...
what I was doodling on a notepad during a conference call that morning because I simply could not concentrate...

what I ate for lunch (peanut butter sandwich, which I was taking a bite of when the phone call from the nurse came through)... 


and what kind of DQ blizzard I consumed in celebration that evening with the Olivers (Reese’s, sadly not pictured). The crazy thing to me is that we knew then that we were pregnant, but had no idea yet that it was with twins. We really had no idea what was in store for us.

Someone shared the following quote on facebook yesterday which I found to be especially fitting given today's anniversary:
As I look at the faces of these two little people that call me “Mommy,” I understand now why the battle was so big, so draining, so drawn out, and so… necessary.


I’m sure many of you are fighting your own battles right now, battles that likely seem insurmountable. But take heart, because the blessing that comes in the end - whatever that may look like - will be well worth it.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

11 comments:

Brian Joiner said...

Perfect summary of my feelings too. Thanks wifey!

Brittnie said...

So true! Thanks for this reminder. . . :)

the blogivers said...

Sweet post to remember what was a sweet day! Hard to remember that those few days even existed when you didn't know it was twins!

Amanda McD said...

Love this post and LOVE that quote! Oh and your babies are pretty cute too :)

Amanda said...

Wow! Two years! You were the first person that I followed to have a successful IVF cycle... it's crazy to see how for you and Brian have come!

Erika said...

Hahahaa I am cracking up at the IG picture that ONLY Allison and I liked. I guess you know who your true friends are! And I don't even like owls, so like....man, that says something about me. ;) And you didn't take a picture of your Blizzard? Do you even love your children? Also, that purple dress is the one you wore to meet me for the first time. I am obviously good lucky.

JoJo said...

Ur twins are adorable.

Brittany Sciba said...

Love this! :)

Courtney Squillante said...

Love this post!!! Rainbows after storms... So happy for you guys!!

Natasha said...

This is a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing so many details from you day. This post reminds me (again!) that my years of singleness were worth it to have Dave, Sam, and Rachel in my life now.

Aubrey said...

I'm totally late commenting on this post, but I just love it so much that I had to come back and say hallelujah! God is good :)