Background template

Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh yeah, and we're moving!

So remember how we made an offer on a house a couple of weeks ago? When the sellers responded the next morning and said they wanted to review a few other offers before making a decision, I was fairly convinced that we weren't going to get it. And that was fine, because I had a vacation to Colorado to distract me from my disappointment.

So imagine my surprise when, shortly after we landed in Denver and Brian was en route to pick up the rental car, he called me to tell me the realtor just called to say the sellers accepted our offer! I was almost at the bottom of my post-stomach-bug-mid-traveling-with-toddlers pit of despair at the moment, so I don't think it fully registered until a day or two later.

Once we got home, we arranged an inspection, met with our mortgage broker, signed 800 pieces of paperwork (and we're not even to closing yet!), and as of yesterday, the option period is over and we are officially under contract! If all goes according to plan, we will close around the 29th... of July... as in, 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Am I freaking out a little bit? Yes. But quietly and on the inside at this point. So everyone please pray for Brian and our children because I know the external freakout is coming. And if I know myself, it will likely be at the end of a long work day when the kids are in bed and I'm buried in a pile of boxes trying to figure out where the packing tape is, and there's no time, there's never any time… you get the idea.

In the meantime, there is also that teeny tiny detail of putting our current house on the market. I know what you're thinking, and yes, we might be a little insane for waiting until this point to do so. However, with the market being as crazy as it is, we didn't want to risk selling our own house too quickly and having to settle on picking a house to buy. And we also weren't interested in having to live with our house constantly ready for showings for an extended period of time, because pretending like you don't live in your own house is never fun, especially when small children (and all of their stuff) are involved.

Our realtor's photographer is coming over to take pictures tomorrow and hopefully the house will go on the market that evening or Wednesday at the latest. And then, of course, ideally we'd have a few showings on Thursday and have the house sold by Friday. That sounds completely reasonable, right? ;) (Kidding, but based on our buying experience, it's totally possible!)

So anyway, that's what's going on in my life at the moment. I'll be sure to share more about the house once we actually move in, but in the meantime, here's a picture to hold you over:

Source: har.com

Believe it or not, it's actually two stories, but definitely doesn't look like it from this angle!

18 comments:

Brittnie said...

So thrilled for you guys! And thrilled for me now that we will live about 3 minutes away from each other!! I see lots of playdates in our near future!

Oh and I finished the Sparkly Green Earrings book. Want me to hold on to it for a while? Or I can bring it to you if someone else is in line to read it? Thanks for letting me borrow it!

the blogivers said...

Just keep reminding yourself of all the great things about moving into the new place! (Except for the fact that it's not located in Austin, TX.)

Amanda said...

Wow! It's BEAUTIFUL Amanda! Congratulations!

Erika said...

Oooooh!!! So exciting!!!! I love it, but also I want to come over immediately and help the landscaping. :) I want all the details- how many beds/baths? Will there be a dedicated guest room for me? Can you walk to that doughnut shop?

NN Bartley said...

Haha! Erika! I thought the same thing. Trim that big bush on the left...let the house see out. OtherwiseYay!!

Bren said...

The house is beautiful! Congratulations! Wish I was there to help you pack. We've done 4 moves in the last 4 years making me an expert... In mental breakdowns ;) what an exciting month! Enlist all the helpers you can and throw as many temper tantrums as you need to. You'll get through this! And then post some more pictures because I want to see my guest room!

LittleMissCupcake said...

So happy for you guys! The house is beautiful!

Gina Manifesta said...

I love it! Congratulations!!

hollie marie said...

Congratulations!!! The house is gorgeous!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Wow! What a beautiful home. Congratulations.

Brittany Sciba said...

Yay!! I love it and can't wait to see it in person!

Amber Massey said...

Wooo! Congrats girl! :)

Chris said...

Congrats! Thanks for the Saved By the Bell video..made me bust out laughing

Kathy Snow said...

haha it must be contagious. We are putting out house on the market next week...hopefully! Can't pass up this good market!

Natasha said...

Yay!!! That is a beautiful house which is nicely hiding its second story :)

Also I am praying that your current house sells quickly, that your sanity stays intact, and that the freakout is small and quiet. Having had numerous moving freakouts myself I know that they can be loud, big, and loooong.

But it will so be worth it in the end.

Aubrey said...

Yay! That's awesome - Congrats! I want to move to TX to live in a house like that (houses here don't look as nice, I swear!)!

Courtney Squillante said...

Eeeeek! So exciting!!!

Leah said...

yay!! it's beautiful!! ( I realize how late this comment is.)