Background template

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

First world problems/prayer requests

Good news! I made it all of 24 hours after Monday's post before the external freakout occurred. Except it didn't occur at home buried in a pile of boxes, but rather, it took place in my office in front of a co-worker buried in a pile of e-mails and an overwhelming 'to do' list.

Don't get me wrong, though, it wasn't just about work. Although that was definitely a large contributing factor. It was also about moving. And putting our house on the market. And two toddlers that cannot seem to go more than a week without coming down with some type of illness. And about not having the freedom and flexibility to stay home and take care of them when said illnesses occur (never mind the fact that said illnesses likely wouldn't occur if their mom wasn't working and leaving them in daycare every day).

Sometimes I really feel like I have this "working mom" thing down. It's never easy, but sometimes it's at least… doable. And then other times, I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water, if not drowning entirely. And this week? Definitely drowning.

Anyway, I realize that the issues I'm currently facing are all certifiably first world problems, but I also know that God wants us to bring our cares and concerns to Him, so I'm shamelessly requesting your prayers for the following:

- for the babies to get well and stay well (Colby is recovering from a double ear infection and Clara is recovering from a cold with goopy eyes and a(nother) random episode of barfing)

- for us to get a decent offer on our current house relatively quickly

- for everything to continue to go well with closing on the new house

- for my job to settle down so I can catch my breath from all of life's current craziness

And that is all. Feel free to post your own prayer requests and I will happily return the favor :)



12 comments:

The Bird said...

Being a working mom is so, so hard! Having sick kids is, too. I know that is pointing out some obvious things...it is just sometimes nice to hear that anyone would be feeling overwhelmed in your shoes. I'll be praying for you all!

P.S. Congrats on the new house...very exciting!

Blake said...

Good luck to y'all! It will surely all work out soon.

Erika said...

Ugh, I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed. That sounds like a LOT to deal with all at once!! I will be praying for yall. And also I'll call Pat Orsak a lot to make sure he's staying on top of showing your house a lot...

the blogivers said...

If I already have been praying for these things before reading this post, do I get a reward???

Brittany Sciba said...

I can see why you would be feeling overwhelmed! You have so much going on! Thanks for sharing your prayer requests so we know how to be praying for you! :)

Aubrey said...

I'm praying for you and know I'll be feeling a lot of the same stress when I return to work this fall (I want to barf just thinking about it!). For the record, I think you do an awesome job!! XO

hollie marie said...

Good Luck! Good Luck Good Luck!!! Moving is tough in any stage of life, so praying this will be as easy and pain free as possible for y'all.

And don't get down on yourself- you're an AWESOME mama to those two babies! Not only are you giving them a fantastic life by making these time sacrifices, but they are going to grow up knowing that their mama worked HARD!

...plus, the sickness is simply inevitable. Daycare or not!!! sigh. toddlers.

Brittnie said...

You have a lot going on so it is totally acceptable to freak out! Praying, friend!!

Leah said...

"Sometimes I really feel like I have this "working mom" thing down. It's never easy, but sometimes it's at least… doable. And then other times, I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water, if not drowning entirely. And this week? Definitely drowning."

Um, I am not a working mom, but I TOTALLY feel you on this comment. Totally.

You have a lot going on! I think anyone would feel like that right now! Praying for you now!

Natasha said...

I just wanted to echo the "kids get sick whether their moms work outside the home or not." We were basically sick from mid-November until March this year. It sucked. But don't get down on yourself and say it's because you work. It's not.

I am praying for everything you have mentioned. I am also praying for calm for you. Moving is so stressful and you have a lot going on right now.

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Hope everything works out with both houses and things calm down with your job.

kayla Agan said...

Not sure if this helps but in the past couple months we've had hand foot mouth, random barfing, eye goop, and other random illness! And mine stay home so I think it's just inevitable with toddlers!